Wedding Woes
Options

Judging at the airport

So a couple of stories from my most recent trip.

Now, it's summer time and this is the most dreaded time for frequent travelers and airline employees (from my experience). Why? Because families. Sorry people, you all suck at traveling and I don't want a billion reasons why it's hard. I know why it's hard. I don't travel much any more, but been there, done that and your reasons suck. So you've got masses of people who think dressing appropriate and showering are optional activities who refuse to check their bags (but they can definitely spend $45 at the McDoodoo's buying crappy food instead of packing food...sorry, digressing).

1. Our airport has moving sidewalks. The bottoms are similar to escalators. No joke, I have seen shoes get caught on these fuckers. Of course, there is a mom letting her 1 year old run around on this sidewalk with no shoes on. And then there are people on this thing with wheeled bags and shit trying to walk. I said something to her about it and I wasn't mean or snotty, just told her that I've seen it pinch toes. I got a stink face from her. Fine lady, I don't care if you have a toeless kid.

2. On my way home my dad was in the airport for work so I met up with him. He and I are chatting and no joke, a dude comes up to us (Dad was in uniform) interrupting us to ask if there is food here. My dad and I look at him like "are you fucking kidding us?" and my dad goes "Yeah, look around and read the damn signs". As the dude is walking away my dad is like "what a loser". 500 feet from us was a restaurant. 1000 feet away was a Starbucks. He told me that he's got to be careful, as he thinks he's going to get in trouble soon.

3. A guy gave me crap on the shuttle ride from the airport to the parking lot about wanting to sit next to his wife (there were no more open seats and I was sitting there before he and his wife got on). So whatever, it's like a 5 minute ride. I moved my bags off my lap and was going to stand and he realized I was pregnant. Shut him up real quick and he had to apologize. He had no obvious physical issues preventing him from standing- he just wanted to sit near his wife.

Re: Judging at the airport

• Options
    PMeg819 said:

2. On my way home my dad was in the airport for work so I met up with him. He and I are chatting and no joke, a dude comes up to us (Dad was in uniform) interrupting us to ask if there is food here. My dad and I look at him like "are you fucking kidding us?" and my dad goes "Yeah, look around and read the damn signs". As the dude is walking away my dad is like "what a loser". 500 feet from us was a restaurant. 1000 feet away was a Starbucks. He told me that he's got to be careful, as he thinks he's going to get in trouble soon.
    SUDDENLY, SO MUCH MAKES SENSE ABOUT YOU.
  • Options
    PMeg819 said:
    3. A guy gave me crap on the shuttle ride from the airport to the parking lot about wanting to sit next to his wife (there were no more open seats and I was sitting there before he and his wife got on). So whatever, it's like a 5 minute ride. I moved my bags off my lap and was going to stand and he realized I was pregnant. Shut him up real quick and he had to apologize. He had no obvious physical issues preventing him from standing- he just wanted to sit near his wife.
    on my last flight, this guy asked to switch seats so he could sit next to his wife. (then why not book them like that, moron?) anyway, i looked at his wife, and she shook her head and mouthed "NO."

so i had to sit next to him. it was fine, and i felt like i was giving that woman a break.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    On our last flight, they had buffy 3 rows in front of us, by herself.
    We asked people to change, and they did--there was a complicated 3 way switch to get it to work, and I apologized and thanked the 'dad' that moved, and explained that he had successfully saved his teenage daughter from 2 hours of "5 little ducks"

Also, while we were stuck in ATL, at somewhere around midnight, I saw this child, behaving himself (running in a small circle like a overtired weasle), bite the dust and put his teeth into (through?) a lip.  It was bloody and horrifying and I took Buffy for a walk so she wouldn't ask me WTF was happening.  

• Options
    It's crazy- if I had darker hair and a darker skin tone, I'd be a clone of my dad. We are like the same person. We get along great- and my dad jokes and says I'm the better daughter and my sister is the "bad seed". My sister looks exactly the opposite of me and she's my mom's clone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards