Hawaii

Eek!

Leaving today for Dallas for the Superbowl. I'm going to be one of two video editors for the videoboard show (so my work is going to be on that HUGE amazing HD board there!) I'm really nervous and also freaking out a bit because I have never been away from home that long, and I've never been in a hotel room by myself for more than one night, and this is 14 nights!

I'm excited because this is a HUGE opportunity for me, and a major resume booster. I'm nervous because I'm afraid they think I'm better than I am. I'm sad to be away from FI for so long... and I'm terrified of what my work email inbox will look like when I return ;)

FI works in video production too and he goes on several week long trips for work a couple of times a year. Last year he was gone for 3 weeks to work the Winter Olympics. In the Summer he was gone for 3 weeks to work on a show for CBS College Sports... but this time it's me going! 

Anyhoo... I'm nervous, I'm excited, and I thought I'd share.

P.s. you ladies rock and I love this board :) I'm glad I finally found my home on theknot!

Re: Eek!

• fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Break a leg (...well, not literally...)!!  Wow, that's HUGE news, CONGRATS!!  :)

I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job!  That's a great accomplishment and something to be proud of!  I can totally relate to travelling away from home the first time....it's an anxious/nervous yet excited feeling.  These days, I travel a lot for work and I've actually grown to enjoy the independence and freedom to go about and do my own thing.  Look at it as a temporary break to focus solely on you!  :-)  ...and if you ever get lonely, tune into the board and we'll keep you company.  :)  

Bon voyage!  I'll be thinking of you when watching the Superbowl....  :)

• edited December 2011
    Oh that's so cool! I hope you'll be able to check in here from your hotel - I can't wait to hear all about your experience.
  • edited December 2011
    I am so envious of you!  I LOVE football. But now that my Patriots are out of the playoffs I could care less who wins.  Have a good time while at work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! That's AMAZING! I'm sure you'll do great.  What an experience! I now really wish I could watch the SuperBowl down here in Oz. Enjoy it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome!  You and your FI remind me of Josh Duhamel in "Life as we know it".  Which, coincidentally, is showing on the airplane right now as I'm posting mid-flight ;-)  I completely understand about nerves/excitement of travelling on your own...I love it as a chance to eat any foods FI doesn't like, workout regularly versus sleeping in, and there's really nothing better than a giant bear hug welcoming you home at the end of it.

Wishing you the best of luck!
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, that is awesome!!  What a cool job you have, congrats!!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS - Go PACK!!  I grew up in Wisconsin, big day for the Cheeseheads!!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Awesome!!! Best of luck...have fun...what an amazing opportunity!!! Can't wait to hear about your experiences. Julie :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards