Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sunday Evening

Re: Sunday Evening

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:19f86bde-f70b-4290-92a9-79a0996cfa8f">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : I have bedding envy. Our window treatments and bedding for master bedroom are not done yet. I'm beyond peeved since we moved into our house in February. They have PROMISED they will be done and installed by the end of July. Grrrrr.
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

That would make me crazy.

Will it make you feel better if I admit that w don't have any window treatments in our house? Just blinds.

Why? Because I am 100% incapable of hanging curtain rods. EVERY time I have ever tried, I hit metal, so I have to move the hole, and I end up with 14124894 holes in the wall.

And no, DH couldn't do it himself. I am 10X handier than he is.
  • Thanks Jess.  

J&K - yup - there's pictures in my married bio.  I painted (stamped) the table names on the pieces of barn wood.  They were supposed to be like trail signs.  We named our tables for favorite trails, mountain summits, and waterfalls that we've been to/seen together.
  • Yeah I suppose atl never gets super cold, poke. I had a VERY good chance of temps below zero on my wedding day since I chose a week during the historically coldest weeks of the year.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:203e3efd-3cb3-4adc-a7f2-79f1989f0050">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Jess.   J&K - yup - there's pictures in my married bio.  I painted (stamped) the table names on the pieces of barn wood.  They were supposed to be like trail signs.  <strong>We named our tables for favorite trails, mountain summits, and waterfalls that we've been to/seen together.</strong>
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

LOVE this.  We were going to do our table numbers as football jerseys (Packers for my side, Vikings for his), but that was one of the things that I cut out when I ran out of time and motivation.  I wish I hadn't, but in the long run it doesn't matter.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:b20a81c7-3d79-4427-a69f-796f075f17b5">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : That would make me crazy. <strong>Will it make you feel better if I admit that w don't have any window treatments in our house? Just blinds. </strong>Why? Because I am 100% incapable of hanging curtain rods. EVERY time I have ever tried, I hit metal, so I have to move the hole, and I end up with 14124894 holes in the wall. And no, DH couldn't do it himself. I am 10X handier than he is.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>Sigh. I have blind envy, too. We only have them in the bed and bathrooms at this point. All the rest of our windows are naked. Except for a couple of them we put landscaping plastic on! I shiiit you not, one day there was a dude looking into our new house with binoculars! I about died. I should have mooned him. </div><div>
    </div><div>And, PS, you need a laser level. They are awesome.</div>
  • Loopy - that's gorgeous! I love that idea : )

Musu - I'm very glad it doesn't get too cold in ATL as the basement doesn't have heating/air. Just space heaters for me. Brrrr. 
  • During this heat it is almost impossible to remember how below zero feels. But then I remember that it is when your nose seizes up and starts to burn which makes your eyes water and then the tears immediately freeze and the world just sucks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:e136cea2-d6c0-4325-8f84-02b0d425ec71">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : Sigh. I have blind envy, too. We only have them in the bed and bathrooms at this point. All the rest of our windows are naked. Except for a couple of them we put landscaping plastic on! I shiiit you not, one day there was a dude looking into our new house with binoculars! I about died. I should have mooned him.  And, PS, you need a laser level. They are awesome.

I would have shiiit my pants if I saw a creeper outside my house with binoculars.

I'm sure the ONLY reason we have hanging blinds is because we live in an apartment, and they come with. :)

Laser levels are awesome, and we have one, but I always hit the metal bracket that holds the window frame together. EVERY time. It's so frustrating.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:059db905-3479-4e1f-99f3-a7b5003008e1">Re:Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]During this heat it is almost impossible to remember how below zero feels. But then I remember that it is when your nose seizes up and starts to burn which makes your eyes water and then the tears immediately freeze and the world just sucks.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Been there - done that!</div>
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:059db905-3479-4e1f-99f3-a7b5003008e1">Re:Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]During this heat it is almost impossible to remember how below zero feels. But then I remember that it is when your nose seizes up and starts to burn which makes your eyes water and then the tears immediately freeze and the world just sucks.

<div>There really does just come a point where it doesn't even matter HOW MUCH below zero it is. It's just too damn cold. And that is coming from a very hardy native SoDakotan. That so cold you cannot breathe is scary. </div>
  • Fortunately it doesn't get TOO cold in the SE of England. Nor does it get too hot. Perfect : )
  • I will never forget the way the cold felt that one day in NoDak where it was so cold my breath froze in my eyelashes and they kept getting stuck together.  THAT was cold, and I hope I never feel cold like that again.

• In Response to Re:Sunday Evening:[QUOTE]During this heat it is almost impossible to remember how below zero feels. But then I remember that it is when your nose seizes up and starts to burn which makes your eyes water and then the tears immediately freeze and the world just sucks. Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Yikes, that sounds awful. I don't think I could live in temps like that. I hate cold, but I do like the change of seasons. I'd be happy if it never went below 40 degrees in the winter.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:c964c77e-2e75-46b6-a5f1-3a5e2f1b25aa">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : <strong>I would have shiiit my pants if I saw a creeper outside my house with binoculars.</strong> I'm sure the ONLY reason we have hanging blinds is because we live in an apartment, and they come with. :) Laser levels are awesome, and we have one, but I always hit the metal bracket that holds the window frame together. EVERY time. It's so frustrating.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, it was troubling. We live in a pretty small town and just built a big house up on a hill that caused a lot of buzz. People are super nosy. One day during construction, H and my son came here to find a family of four hanging out in our not-even-sheetrocked house. We didn't even know them. Who does that?</div><div>
    </div><div>If binoculars dude would have come to the door with chocolate or wine, I might have given him a tour. But binocs from afar is just creepy. </div>
  • The past month of June not withstanding, the temps/weather in Denver are supposed to be milder than Cleveland.  Supposed to be.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:2678ca6c-33fa-40ab-b7cb-8750de2a558a">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : Yeah, it was troubling. We live in a pretty small town and just built a big house up on a hill that caused a lot of buzz. People are super nosy. One day during construction, H and my son came here to find a family of four hanging out in our not-even-sheetrocked house. We didn't even know them. Who does that? If binoculars dude would have come to the door with chocolate or wine, I might have given him a tour. But binocs from afar is just creepy. 

I'm super duper curious about where you live.  If you're willing to say (either here or in a PM) to assuage my curiosity, that would be super.  If you're not willing to say, I won't be offended!

• edited July 2012
    I know what you mean, Wally and J. When you go outside and it just stops your breath. And the wind goes through any type of clothes you have on.
  • I loved the weather in Denver. Nice and mild.

H says it is nice out now so we are going to go for a walk around the 'hood. I haven't even been outside today. Yikes. 

Have a good evening!
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    J&K  YGPM

Oh, woops. in a minute!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:e3c4ad67-49d2-41f5-8fc0-92cbe90d7bef">Re:Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know what you mean, Wally and J. When you go outside and it just stops your breath. And the wind goes through any type of clothes you have on.

Yup.  That was the worst part in ND.  I had felt cold in the -20 range here before...but that damn wind in ND was just awful.  I thought my face was going to break.  I would wear gloves and mittens and still have to sit in my car with my fingers in front of the heater just to get them unstiff enough to hold onto the steering wheel after a 5 minute walk across campus.

• Interesting...the coldest weather I seem to know it's in the 10-20 degree range.

I guess it's actually uninteresting. It just shows I've never really been anywhere magically cold during the winter.
  • I've only seen below 0 one time. You girls can keep that.

I'm southern born and bred. Though I'd move to Alaska in a heartbeat for the Northern Lights.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:2678ca6c-33fa-40ab-b7cb-8750de2a558a">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : Yeah, it was troubling. We live in a pretty small town and just built a big house up on a hill that caused a lot of buzz. People are super nosy. One day during construction, H and my son came here to find a family of four hanging out in our not-even-sheetrocked house. We didn't even know them. Who does that? If binoculars dude would have come to the door with chocolate or wine, I might have given him a tour. But binocs from afar is just creepy. 

<div>When I was in grade school we lived in a neighborhood with a lot of new contstruction being done and we always would go into the houses before they were locked up tight and see if we could figure out what rooms were what, and where the toilets and tubs were going to be and stuff.  There's about 70 houses built there now, but at the time there were only 5 or 6 and we were nosy neighbors LOL :).</div>
  • It is so funny because I know exactly what you mean by that wind hitting your face thing. And when it's a blizzard and the wind just slaps snow into your face.
  • I found HP6 to watch, so that's better than nothing.

I have to say, I do enjoy the movies but the romance in the 6th movie is SO over done. Yeah, HBP DOES have a bit more romance than the rest of the books. But it's not shoved down your throat. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:8a8ba769-8b25-48cf-8a4c-7b72085a98b6">Re:Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is so funny because I know exactly what you mean by that wind hitting your face thing. <strong>And when it's a blizzard and the wind just slaps snow into your face.</strong>

Ugh, it's like it's throwing tiny little knives at you. 

Willy, YGPM back.  Thanks for indulging me.

And now, I'm off to b ed.  Goodnight!

• My coworker is from alaska and I just learned from her about the Alaska benefit they get every October. Apparently the govnt gives every Alaskan a check each October. She said hers was about 1200. Wtf I want that!
  • In Response to Re:Sunday Evening:[QUOTE]I found HP6 to watch, so that's better than nothing.I have to say, I do enjoy the movies but the romance in the 6th movie is SO over done. Yeah, HBP DOES have a bit more romance than the rest of the books. But it's not shoved down your throat.nbsp; Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

We're watching that too. Makes me want to read the books again, which would probably be the 12th time, haha.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Steffi - I coudln't live in Alaska. I would visit for the Northern Lights, but not move. I like nights and days too much.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:560474cf-be36-492b-99ce-2c703842546a">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : When I was in grade school we lived in a neighborhood with a lot of new contstruction being done and we always would go into the houses before they were locked up tight and see if we could figure out what rooms were what, and where the toilets and tubs were going to be and stuff.  There's about 70 houses built there now, but at the time there were only 5 or 6 and we were nosy neighbors LOL :).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

We used to do this in my grandma's neighorhood, but we doing anything crazy like have a picnic in the soon-to-be dining room or anything like that.

I still don't think it's crazy to do, but maybe that's because I grew up doing that? Eh. Oh well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards