Chit Chat
Options

NWR: Rant

Time Warner cable dropped CBS in the Dallas market. I'm super pissed. The only show that I actually watch on all of television is Big Brother. Grrrrrrrr. I just found out tonight when I wanted to watch Sundays episode and tonight's episode. Stupid Time Warner.

Re: NWR: Rant

• Options
    I don't have Time Warner, so I'm glad I'm not in danger of missing out on the end of Under the Dome.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I went through it with the CW/WPIX and FOX. WE and the Food Network also went down a few years ago. Oh, and we lost NBC for about an hour one year. It's so annoying.
  • Options
    Ewww. That's a lot of channels to lose! I don't watch very much tv (I mean I have no idea when we even lost it), but it sucks. Side note, I have heard that under the dome is a really good show. I'm going to switch cable/Internet providers ASAP, and then maybe ill try to check that show out.
  • Options

We canceled our Time Warner cable over a year ago because they are awful. But we don't have a choice on our internet provider because they have a monopoly where I am at. CBS.com blocks all Time Warner internet customers from watching shows online too. I can't even watch them on Uverse with my mom's password because even that blocks Time Warner customers.

There are ways around it, but it sucks big time. If you have Amazon Prime you can watch Under the Dome for free.

• Options
    I noticed the block online as well. FI is bringing his work laptop home tomorrow with whatever he has that gives him Internet. This is not my first Time Warner problem, but it will be last. Grrrrr again. I appreciate that I might be coming off as overly angry, but WTF am I paying for if I can't watch the one show I like (even though I understand that of all the shows, this one is not intellectually stimulating)
  • Options
    I watch it too and was pretty upset that I couldn't even watch it via Uverse. I need my bad reality tv!

• Options
    We have TW but we still have CBS. They took my showtime away though so no Dexter, which is breaking my heart!!

If they took my Big Brother away I'd go crazy! I'm addicted to that show.

Supposedly they're bringing it back soon but TW is so money hungry I doubt it. We're switching over to DirecTV when we move.
  • Options
    We have TWC too. In our market we have CBS but no NBC or Showtime. However we don't have CBS On Demand but we do have NBC On Demand. My friends just north of us with TWC lost CBS. I miss Showtime because of Dexter but not having NBC(it is the local NBC and TWC in dispute) I will have to go to a bar to watch the first game of Packers' preseason! I just want to veg in front of my TV in my jammies after work on Friday but nope, off to the bar we go.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Options
    Yikes! No football????? These decision makers are piss poor!
  • Options
    That sucks. My boyfriend would not stand for that.
  • Options
    If I lived in any other market, I would have the NFL package. If this doesn't get resolved soon, we have to order it lol!
  • Options
    Ewww. That's a lot of channels to lose! I don't watch very much tv (I mean I have no idea when we even lost it), but it sucks. Side note, I have heard that under the dome is a really good show. I'm going to switch cable/Internet providers ASAP, and then maybe ill try to check that show out.
    Luckily we didn't lose them all at the same time... about once every year there is another dispute. Usually in the fall. I'm wondering if CBS will be an issue for us this year.

When we lost FOX everyone was pissed because we also lost football and there was a HUGE Giants game scheduled. So all the restaurants, bars, and sports bars in the area advertised that they had the channel and held huge football parties. All over facebook, people were holding viewing parties... it was great.

I think it was also FOX, or maybe it was CW/WPIX, that tried to use MLB's World Series as leverage... except the Yankees didn't make it to the World Series so no one in my area cared enough lol.

The CW/WPIX, that one lasted awhile and we missed some great season and series premieres, but if you call the cable company, they gave you a free early upgrade for Showtime channels to make up for it.
  • Options
    I've been seeing the alerts on CBS for awhile that that might happen. I actually didn't think it was real... Sorry, that sucks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You can watch BB online. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I've watched it on FI's work laptop because he has an air card or whatever. If you have time Warner as your Internet provider (at least in my area) they have blocked CBS's website. For now....I'm just using his computer. Problem solved, but it still makes me roll my eyes.
  • Options
    Tip... If you call and complain you get cinamax and cinamax on demand.
  • Options

Tip... If you call and complain you get cinamax and cinamax on demand.

We already pay for them and HBO. I told my roommate to call and complain(I miss Dexter goddmanit) and he said they emailed him that they were removing the Showtime charge but weren't offering anything as a compromise. Idk if it is because we already have HBO/Cinemax or if they did that in hopes of not having a lot of calls complaining or cancelling services.
  • Options
    That's what they told us at first too. According to the contract they have with Showtime they are not allowed to offer anything as a compensation other than reimbursing your bill.
    But when we asked to speak with a supervisor he told us only he can give extras. We got cinamax and starz and on-demand for both, as well as 5$ off extra for 6 months.
    I wasn't mean about it when I called. I only explained that we have been loyal customers for 5 years and are never late on our bill. It's only fair that since they took away a service that we be reimbursed in some way, shape, or form. He was the one to offer those extras.
    So maybe if you call and speak with a supervisor you might get somewhere.

I miss Dexter too!!!
  • Options
    Ugh. Is it just me or do you feel like if you pay for something, you should receive it??? Work your contracts out on your own time. If I'm paying money monthly for ridiculous channels then I should be allowed to watch the basics (I.e. CBS). Blah. But whatever. Like I said, I've been watching via FI's computer because he can use his work VPN ( I just figured that out tonight......I have no idea what the letters stand for. I'm a disaster. I just know it doesn't use my wifi). The whole point of this rant is just that the CBS blackout seems stupid. It only affects me because the stupid show I watch is aired on CBS. For all of you with cable issues.......it sucks. It's like throwing money away.
  • Options
    I have TW as well. They got rid of CBS because they're negotiating their contract. It may be a good or bad thing for us TW people.. They're trying to get less blacked out games.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards