April 2013 Weddings

Dress (almost) in!

As some of you know, I ordered my dress without ever seeing it in person.  Yeah, I know.  lol   But when you're plus sized (and we're not talking a size 12, either) there are literally NO options to try on dresses.  None.  So I just found something that would work online and ordered it.  Needless to say, I'm a bit nervous.  I honestly am NOT into fashion at all - I'm a jeans and t-shirt type of girl - so THE DRESS is not as important to me as it is to some brides.

Still..... I just got an email that it will be here Monday.  I'm going to run out and buy some adult diapers so I'm not in the bathroom when UPS pulls up.  If I miss him and have to wait until Tuesday, I am NOT going to be a happy camper!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: Dress (almost) in!

• YAYYYY!!!!  I bet it'll be great :-)
  • I'd be nervous to. I'm sure it will be great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YAY!  Can't wait to see it!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck! I'm sure everything will be great. You definitely have to show us pics!
  • EEEEE I got a call today that my dress came in!!  If the shop wasn't over an hour away I would go ASAP!
  • I don't know who would be able to take a pic, unless I teach my 4 year old how to use a camera.... and pray.  lol  May have to practice that between now and Monday.

Erbear, congrats!  I totally would have driven that hour.  In fact, I spent most of today contemplating going to the UPS hub to see if I could pick my package up early.  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well...it's staying there so all I'm doing is trying it on.  And...it was drive an hour or drink Coco Vino with the FI and well...it was $13 well spent on the bottle of wine, haha.  
  • Yay, dresses!!!  I'm going to order and put my deposit down next weekend :-)  I can't wait to wear it again, get measured, etc!!!!  EEEEEE!!!!  ChiGirl, if you go to UPS, be sure to tell us all about that experience.  I would LOVE to see the look on the package handlers faces, lol.  I say this because one of my family members used to work for FedEx and he told me about all of the fun customer stories.
  • Well, the hub is closed on Sundays so I guess I have to wait.  lol 

I did get an updated email, though, and it said that my dress should be here between 2:15 and 6:15.  ARRRRGH!  I have to be gone from 3-6PM tomorrow for work.  I'm praying they don't require a signature, although I'm pretty sure they will.  I may leave a note on the door and hope they will accept that.  :-/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh no!  I would definitely leave a note just in case.  Do you have a neighbor that can sign for it?  You might be able to call UPS and just ask them to leave it without a signature or see if you can swing by and pick it up before work.  

I once had to call UPS and track a package that was supposedly in Anchorage but my ship was in Dutch Harbor(really far away).  It was the national office that I called so they asked if I could drive in and pick it up lol.  I had to give them a geography lesson and explain it would take me about 4-5 days to get there by ship if I could convince my Captain to let me borrow it for a few days hahahhaa ;-)

I sincerely hope it's a lot easier for you to get to your UPS hub :-D

• SWEET!  I had signed up for the new(ish) UPS My Way thing a while back.  I was able to log in and check and it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  BUT.... the sender had required a signature.  I was able to go into my account and check a box saying it was OK to leave it without a signature.  Hopefully, I'll be here when it gets here, but if not, it should be waiting for me when I get home.  YAY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YAYYYY!!!!  I expect pictures :-)
  • Hopefully, I'll be home before FI.  Undecided
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well????  Is it THERE?!?!?!  hehehehhe
  • Yes.  And FI was home before me.  I locked him out of the bedroom to try it on.... and it doesn't fit.  I mean REALLY doesn't fit.  I don't get it.  I had my measurements professionally done by 2 different places and I ordered according to the size chart.  They sent me the size I ordered and I'd say that the dress is AT LEAST 4 sizes too small.  And, of course, there are no refunds or exchanges.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  I don't have the money to buy a new dress.  I'm going to need to lose AT LEAST 75lbs before the wedding in order for this thing to even come close to fitting.  Cry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_dress-almost-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:36aa5462-2330-44b1-90d2-3c7f13cddeebPost:cfcf99e6-99f2-48d2-aafb-233eaf9e428f">Re: Dress (almost) in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes.  And FI was home before me.  I locked him out of the bedroom to try it on.... and it doesn't fit.  I mean REALLY doesn't fit.  I don't get it.  I had my measurements professionally done by 2 different places and I ordered according to the size chart.  They sent me the size I ordered and I'd say that the dress is AT LEAST 4 sizes too small.  And, of course, there are no refunds or exchanges.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  I don't have the money to buy a new dress.  I'm going to need to lose AT LEAST 75lbs before the wedding in order for this thing to even come close to fitting. 
    Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]

Oh No!!!  Can you post it on craigslist or on the wedding classifieds board on here??  I'm so sorry this happened to you!  At least you have some time to get a new one if you can sell this one.  Maybe a seamstress could add some side panels?  I don't really know what style of dress it is so that might not be helpful at all :-/
  • There is actually an amazing seamstress nearby and I called this morning.  I'm going to meet with her to get her take on things, and she's not even going to charge me for it, that's how bad she felt for me.  I've done 3 aerobic DVD's since the dress arrived yesterday afternoon and am working on a really strict diet to show my doc when I go at the end of the week for his approval.  If I do everything right, I SHOULD be able to make it work..... although it really is going to suck the big one for the next several months.

I apologize in advance for all of my hunger-induced fits of rage that are pretty much inevitable and unavoidable at this point.  :-/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh goodness, well 75lbs is a LOT, just be very careful about it!  I'm glad you're going to talk to the Doc.  Good luck and let us know what happens!
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am so sorry about your dress. Don't go overboard with the working out, I don't want you to hurt yourself! You have 9 months that is plenty of time for things to work out!

Is there anyway you can call the dress company and exchange the dress for a different size because of the way they misguided you for their own size chart? I would measure myself and then measure the dress in the exact same place and let them know that it does not match what their size. Raise some hell, they may work something out for you.
  • I'm not going to overdo it, I promise.  I can't, anyway - I have a heart arrythmia that will definitely let me know if I take things too far.  I'm on an 1800 calorie diet right now anyway, and hoping he will approve 1600.  If not, I'll stick with 1800 and just make smarter choices.

Between swim lessons, a picnic, walking around the park for 3 hours, and helping a friend paint in a house with no a/c, I'm pretty sure I lost about 40lbs today just from sweating.  lol

Yes, I am definitely going to call the company tomorrow.  I just knew I wasn't going to have time to do it today. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did you pay for it with a credit card? You might have some protection that way. I hope it all works out for you. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Chigirl--I am just reading all of this!!! OHHHHH NNOOOOO!!! I am sure it will all work out for you :):) I am sending good vibes your way! Seamtresses can work magic sometimes. Is there any way fabric can be added to the dress?

148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards