October 2014 Weddings

Wedding Party

Have you ladies asked your BM's and MOHs yet? Me and K haven't asked anyone to be in our party yet. We are planning on asking the kiddos first, total of 2 ring bearers, 1 flower girl, and a younger BM.

However, my sister is complaining to my mother that I "need" to ask to BMs because they need to know if anyone needs to travel to the shower (we're 15 months out today to the wedding, seriously when is the shower, next month?). When she got married I was her MOH and she asked me a year out.

We've waited on asking our MOH and Best Man because the Best Man doesn't live here and him and his wife are coming up for Thanksgiving, when we plan on asking both of them. I plan on asking my MOH (my sister) before then, but not tomorrow, next week, or even this month! We'll ask the rest of the WP after our Best Man and MOH.

Both K and I are planners and like to take our time with things, hence the long engagement! So who's the crazy one me, her, or both?! :)
October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes

Re: Wedding Party

• I've already asked mine, but MOH is my sister, so she already knew she was that and has started thinking about ideas for her duties. And my BMs are my friends that I have been close to for years, and I knew they were my maids and I know I'll be their maid. So I didn't have to ask really it's pretty much implied. 

That being said, I think it would be more meaningful if you did something cool to ask them to be your BMs, that way they feel special and have a great story to tell. As for your sister, I feel like she needs to realized you get to do what you want for your wedding, so she can cool her jets until you officially ask..just my opinion though :)

• jennyp37 said:
    Have you ladies asked your BM's and MOHs yet? Me and K haven't asked anyone to be in our party yet. We are planning on asking the kiddos first, total of 2 ring bearers, 1 flower girl, and a younger BM.

However, my sister is complaining to my mother that I "need" to ask to BMs because they need to know if anyone needs to travel to the shower (we're 15 months out today to the wedding, seriously when is the shower, next month?). When she got married I was her MOH and she asked me a year out.

We've waited on asking our MOH and Best Man because the Best Man doesn't live here and him and his wife are coming up for Thanksgiving, when we plan on asking both of them. I plan on asking my MOH (my sister) before then, but not tomorrow, next week, or even this month! We'll ask the rest of the WP after our Best Man and MOH.

Both K and I are planners and like to take our time with things, hence the long engagement! So who's the crazy one me, her, or both?! :)
    I sent you a PM about this!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • My Fi and I both have our wedding parties all settled. Do whatever makes you happy though. If you want to wait and do it in a specific order do it. I'm sure she's just excited about planning your shower.
    Anniversary
  • I didn't do anything special to ask my MOH or maid. its my BFFL (since the age of 8) and my sister.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks ladies I appreciate your opinions!
    October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards