Maine

Greystone Manor, Cape Neddick, ME.

Hi Brides!
  I am looking to get some more info on the Greystone Manor in Cape Neddick. It is a private residence that the owner rents out for weddings. I got his number from a blog but I have not been able to get a hold of him. If anyone knows another way of getting a hold of him please let me know or if you have any idea of how much it costs to rent. That way I can decide if this place is in our budget. Also wondering of any outdoor weddings venues in York beach, Me.

Thanks!
Christine
christineandtim224@gmail.com

Re: Greystone Manor, Cape Neddick, ME.

• edited January 2012
    Hi Brides!
      I am looking to get some more info on the Greystone Manor in Cape Neddick. It is a private residence that the owner rents out for weddings. I got his number from a blog but I have not been able to get a hold of him. If anyone knows another way of getting a hold of him please let me know or if you have any idea of how much it costs to rent. That way I can decide if this place is in our budget. Also wondering of any outdoor weddings venues in York beach, Me.

Thanks!
    Christine
    christineandtim224@gmail.com
  • Hi Christine,

I almost got married at Greystone because I grew up down the street. We actually had a deposit on our date until the end of the year, but decided to move to another venue, because honestly the price and dealing with the owner were not comfortable for us. As of the time we booked (Feb. 2011 for a Sept. 2012 wedding) I believe he was charging $6700 to rent for the wedding, and an add'l $1750/night, minimum two nights, if you wanted to have people stay there.

Before making our final decision to change, my FI and I went by the property again. It is an amazing property (HUGE) with an incredible view. And that is what you are paying for. I also believe they were making restorations to the outside of the house, and adding some other features to the property like a stone gazebo out on the point. With these improvements, it would not surprise me in the least if he charges more now. Also, his daughter was married there last summer and their wedding was featured in Seacoast Weddings as the best of 2011 wedding. I can only imagine he will now have more inquiries. He charges what he charges because he can get it, and it is popular for destination weddings and people where money is no object.

Calling Bob DiBerto is the only way to get in touch with him. He does not do the internet or email. You are probably calling a 363 # and that is the manor itself. He doesn't go and check messages much at this time of year. His home # is 207-438-9403. FYI, my FI also tried calling him (at home) and leaving messages with his wife for 2 weeks in November with no response. Finally my father stepped in and was able to get in touch to get our deposit back (which he promised he would refund it if we changed our mind before the end of 2011).

As I am sure you can tell, I don't exactly recommend it as a venue - he never sent us anyting confirming the original deposit or securing our date. He has no contract or anything. Obviously people get married there and are fine with it, but I was not. We ended up renting a property in Cape Neddick called 'Fairbourne' that we are renting for an entire week and most of the wedding party is staying there. It is also on the water and next door to the church where we planned our ceremony. It ended up working out perfectly for us, but it is a smaller property and they only allow weddings up to 125 now. You can also only do weddings there in June or after Labor Day unless you rent it for two weeks, due to the schedule of how they rent it. Here is the site with info on that house: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p187235

The other outdoor place I would recommend would probably be Clay Hill Farm - they have both indoor and outdoor areas. Depending on your budget and if you have other questions, I am happy to answer, I have lived here my entire life and did a lot of research on costs and comparisons of all the York venues. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • looking for info on this.

• Has anyone got the contact information for Greystone?
  • edited July 2013
  • From what I've read, he is being sued by his neighbors because he's been having a bunch of weddings there.  I wouldn't do it - a friend of mine had her wedding there last May and it was pretty weird.  The place, not the wedding, lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards