Michigan-Detroit

DJ Crashers-Reviews????

Hello all,

My fiancé and I are getting married February 2014, and we are in the process of looking for a DJ/Photobooth for the wedding. We are still trying to stay within a reasonable budget, my budget was about $1,000 for both. I came across DJ Crashers both through Theknot.com, weddingwire.com, ect. Their reviews are all fantastic and say that they are very affordable and professional! Both are key things I am looking for. I was wondering if there was anyone on here who has used them, or has heard any reviews on them. Please any information will help!

Thank you so much!

Re: DJ Crashers-Reviews????

• There was a thread about this not that long ago that you might be able to find. They were not highly recommended by anyone on here, I made an appointment with them but they wanted me to come to their apartment in Lake Orion and would not set up a meeting at another location. I had a 6month old at the time so I couldn't do that. My DJ was able to meet me much closer to my house so thats who I went with, pretty close it cost too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using them for my wedding in November. I really liked meeting with them. Saxon is kind of young, probably about 25, right around my age, so my fiance and I connected with him well which was really important to us. So far, they've been great, but we haven't really been super demanding either. I think it can't hurt to meet with them, anyway. 
  • My fiancé and I are using them as well for our Sept 2014 wedding along with the photo booth! We met Saxon and booked him for our day! We really liked him and clicked with him! We are very excited!
  • I've been hiring them for the last couple years for my summer camp. We have a dance party, which the kids love, but the DJ they send never seems all that engaged with the kids. I definitely looked elsewhere for my own wedding. I'm really excited to use Perfect Blend Entertainment. Dino and his wife are really fun and they play great music people of all ages will enjoy and boogy to!
  • kkilb5498kkilb5498 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2013

My sister used them for her wedding; you get what you pay for! I contacted them for my wedding,and had the same experience as someone mentioned above - it was a "given" that I would drive to Lake Orion, never an option to meet anywhere else. They changed it to a "phone meeting" for me, which was awkward. I told them I didn't have very many questions because I had seen them in action, I just wanted booking details, and then got the whole sales pitch anyway. It was as if the kid didn't know what else to say during a "meeting" other than the same script. I was able to find a DJ that met us closer to our house, and who I feel extremely comfortable with, for not much more money.

With all that said, they are not a BAD company, or bad at what they do - they are just inexperienced, and it shows. During my sisters wedding, the bridal party was running late. My fiance (as a guest at the wedding) said that the guys didn't know what to do and they looked terrified. They didn't engage the crowd, or entertain them to make sure no one was getting upset by the time delay. They couldn't pronounce some of the names of the bridal party, despite my sister helping them to learn the names. The solution for them was to ask if they could refer to the bridal party only by first names, instead of using the phonetic spelling that they wrote for themselves to help. Like I said, you get what you pay for. We considered them for our wedding because the price was right, but as I quickly learned, I could find something for a slightly higher price, with much more personality and experience. (We hired Dramatic Dimensions btw - www.dd2dj.com) My wedding is in March, so I don't have a final rating, but I feel confident! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards