Florida-South Florida

Dress Shopping - HELP!!

My mother is coming down from Washington, DC this weekend to help me look for a wedding dress, but I have no idea about where to start! I don't want to waste any of our time driving around, so can anyone suggest some good places in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area so that I at least have a list to start with?? I'm looking at a $2500 budget. Thanks!

Re: Dress Shopping - HELP!!

• Your best bet is to call ahead of time and make an appointment. My daughter found her dress at J Del Olmo in Coral Gables on Miracle Mile. Her bridesmaid dresses she found at Pats Bridal in South Miami. HTH and good luck!
  • I heard Patricia Bridal in broward is great. I had a few friends buy their dresses there. I ended up moving to the Midwest and had to buy my dress up here. But I would've gone there.
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • I got my dress out of the area (we were in Orlando and just decided to pop into a store and see and I found it!).  Don't go to White Dress Bridal.  I am plus size and the girl who helped me made a big stink and loudly at that about how it was so hard to fit me because I was plus.  I have never been so mortified in my life.  I have a few friends who have gone to Patricia's Bridal (on Broward Boulevard just west of 441).   I got my bridesmaid dresses from Belissima Bridal in Deerfield and they were fabulous!  Victoria's Couture on Las Olas is another option.  

Hope it helps and good luck with the shopping.

• I definitely agree with the suggestion for Patricia South.  They are on Broward Boulevard just west of 441.  
    However, I have posted this MANY times, you will be much happier if you tell any bridal salon that the wedding is one month sooner than it really is.  There are always issues with delivery and alterations and there seems to be a HUGE disconnect in communication between sales staff and alteration staff.
    Also, definitely make an appointment.  Thanks to reality TV, all the salons think they are "Say Yes to the Dress" Kleinfelds.
    Meggis suggested Victoria's, but I found them very difficult to deal with and had a hard time getting return calls or e-mails.
  • Thanks abell@thefund, Priscy, Meggis & Lauderdale Pink!! We going to start looking tomorrow!
  • The best bridal store in Miami is Brides of America... Yes it is appointment only but you have the store and the attention of the staff to yourself for your special appointment.. Thats where i got my dress from... David is such a great person and spirit!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• I got my dress from Patricia's and they were ok to deal with.  I received my dress almost a month earlier then I was quoted, however they seem to have a high turnover of associates.  I have had 4 different people working with me since I ordered my dress in November. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I appreciate everyone that responded, so here's an update. I went to TEN different places over the course of TWO days! Exhausting!! Long story short, I found four dresses that I liked, however, I couldn't take pictures of myself in two of the four because of the store's policies. On one hand I can understand that, on the other hand, thou, if I can find that dress at other stores, what's the point?!? Aggravating. If anyone wants my opinion on any of the stores I visited, just let me know.

• Please let us know.  I remember when my daughter was looking for her dress, that taking a picture with the dress on was very important to her.  It gets very confusing and having the picture to fall back on really helped in picking the one special dress.
  • I agree, who can REALLY remember all the dresses.  Especially after visiting 10 stores.
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • The two stores that wouldn't let me take pictures were Coral Gables Bridals and Alegria's Brides, both in Coral Gables. Every other store allowed & even encouraged me to take pictures. The dress I loved at CGB had just been debuted by the designer, so I can understand them wanting to protect the design & not allow the potential of any knockoffs being made, but on the other hand this is one of the biggest days of my life, so leaving the choice up to my memory is difficult to do. :(

• I saw a lot of people post about Patricia South- I also got my dress there, and I LOVED the experience (had already tried on at like ten other stores...), but can anyone tell me about their experiences with alterations, I've heard some mixed stories! (and they seemed to think I'd need a decent amount of alterations as I'm rather large busted for a smaller framed person)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards