Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

How to include our son

We are getting married threw the catholic church and we already have a son together, I wanted to know any ideas on  how to include our 3 year old son in the 
unity. He is our ring baby but we want to include him some more. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Re: How to include our son

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    Ask your priest.  There may not be any way that you can include your son that the Church will allow.

Assuming that you can include your son, he will be sufficiently included as ring bearer (not "ring baby" - 3 year olds are not babies).

You don't need to do anything more than that to "include" him.
  • Options
    I think bringing you the rings is already a great way to include him.
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Ask your priest.  There may not be any way that you can include your son that the Church will allow.

Assuming that you can include your son, he will be sufficiently included as ring bearer (not "ring baby" - 3 year olds are not babies).

You don't need to do anything more than that to "include" him.
    This is where I am. I was thinking 'what the heck is a ring baby? Was he conceived when he gave her a ring?'
    Children are not part of a marriage. He is already part of your family and ring bearer is a good role for him. And of course, take a million pictures with him.
  • Options

Our parish wanted minimal involvement of children, so definitely check with your Priest. The Sacrament is received by you and your FI, not your son.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards