July 2014 Weddings

anyone know whats cheaper? diy invitations or getting them done?

i am going crazy already and i still have a year left! lol. so now im trying to focus on invitations...what is cheaper? help me!!!

Re: anyone know whats cheaper? diy invitations or getting them done?

• If you have the time and creativity, DIY invitations may be a good way to stay on budget.  With plenty of time on your side, once you decide on a design you can keep an eye out for sales on paper, envelopes, and those misc. items needed to create your invites.  Use promotional coupons whenever possible! 

I've seen couples create their own stamper, do paper crafting, and even just creating a design on the computer using a template found online! 

Good luck!
  • thanks for the input...im trying to find a good website for templates and sales. Think im going to do them myself
  • I used Vistaprint. Wait for a good coupon code. I used postcards for the RSVP cards to save on postage. I designed everything myself in photoshop, but they also have templates you can use.
    GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I used Vistaprint. Wait for a good coupon code. I used postcards for the RSVP cards to save on postage. I designed everything myself in photoshop, but they also have templates you can use.
    GL!
    I did too, and I love our Save the Dates.  I got a $17 Groupon for $70 worth of merchandise.  I ended up with Save the Dates, envelopes, stickers to close them, and two customized cell phone covers.  If you search for a coupon code (maybe on RetailmeNot), you can get 50% off AND use your Groupon.  Our Save the Dates look beautiful--good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vistaprint is definitely the most cost-effective way to go if you're not going to DIY. I used Michael's invitations (MiDesigns by Michaels) which was a little more expensive but they had the bright colors I wanted. They also have frequent sales, I got mine for 20% off. 
  • If you go the buy and print route, like @salsera29 mentions, download the Michael's app for your phone. They almost always have a 40% coupon. Just buy them one box at a time :-)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I'm so excited to see the positive recommendations for Vista Print!  We bought two of the Groupons (one for STDs and one for invitations)!
  • I too bought the groupon for Vistaprint. I used postcards w/envelopes (extra large) for my invitations and got a free template online to use instead (they didn't have the look I wanted on Vistaprint) . I then used business cards for my rsvp's (I downloaded a template too). I also got envelope seals and place cards and all together it cost me right under $40.  Good Luck and have fun with it!! :)
  • I found mine on annsbargainbridal.com and they are awesome! They were half the price of almost every other option I looked at and they even printed the return address on the envelopes for me.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Do they let you use a coupon code when you buy the groupon?? I was thinking about buying one, but when you shop through the groupon it gets rid of the current 50% off sale on invitations, so it doesn't end up being much cheaper.
  • WeeshWeesh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    kben012 said:
    Do they let you use a coupon code when you buy the groupon?? I was thinking about buying one, but when you shop through the groupon it gets rid of the current 50% off sale on invitations, so it doesn't end up being much cheaper.
    @kben012 If you google "using groupon and 50 percent coupon on vistaprint" there's a special way to do it by opening windows on your browser.  I can't remember where I found it, but I was able to use the 50 percent and my groupon for vistaprint for my STD's.  You might be able to find a thread in Paper and Invitiations on the boards.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I found cheaper invitations that I think are kind of cool, they are called seal and send. Plus at Invitations by Dawn there is a code for 20% off on top of it!
  • i am going crazy already and i still have a year left! lol. so now im trying to focus on invitations...what is cheaper? help me!!!
    I actually went on windows movie maker after designing the background image and made video invites. I burned the MP4 to a blank DVD and sent it to the fam. It was pretty reasonable for my small wedding and was uber unique and fun to do :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards