Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Bring in your own catering service to a venue -Pittsburgh Area

Does anyone know of a wedding venue that is nice that will allow me to bring in my own caters? I have to blend New Orleans Creole, Southern home cooking, and country club style.

Help!

Re: Bring in your own catering service to a venue -Pittsburgh Area

• The white barn and Armstrong Farms (also a barn) let you bring in your own food and drinks.

• Do  you have any specific type of venue in mind? How many guests?

• Good luck. Not many venues let you do that.  It's very hard to find a venue that has flexibility. We rented Robin Hill Park. We are allowed to bring in any venue. 
  • I'm pretty sure the Pittsburgh Opera lets you bring your own catering. 

But it's also worth it just to make a list of venues you like and then ask if they'll let you customize the catering. We emailed everybody before we looked at venues - a few places that had caterers associated with the venue were willing to work with us to create custom menus rather than the standard ones the offered. 
  • check out the bigelow conference and reception center in oakland.  you can bring in your own alchol for sure and i'm pretty sure you can pick any caterers you want. i had my wedding here and loved it. 
  • J Verno Studios will let you bring in your own caterer, and buy the liquor yourself!  Their flat fee is pretty steep, but we ended up booking there because we loved the atmosphere, and we're savings a ton by choosing our own caterer and providing the liquor ourselves.
  • check out the bigelow conference and reception center in oakland.  you can bring in your own alchol for sure and i'm pretty sure you can pick any caterers you want. i had my wedding here and loved it. 

I'm looking into the bigelow conference and reception center but haven't heard back from anybody yet. How many guests did you have and do they have any off street parking (besides soldiers and sailors garage)? I'm hoping to have my ceremony at Heinz Chapel so it would be perfect!
  • csuave said:

The white barn and Armstrong Farms (also a barn) let you bring in your own food and drinks.

The white barn actually has an exclusive caterer as well (Medure's).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards