Wisconsin

$5000 budget wedding in milwaukee/waukesha

Looking to do a $5000 maximum wedding in milwaukee/waukesha area for, at most, 100 guests.
We have searched high and low, and are having a hard time finding the right venue for the price. We have interviewed over at Delafield Brewhaus, and really like their price and flexibility, but we're not convinced that this is where we want everything to be. Our biggest issue is that we'd love for our ceremony and reception to be all at one location, for our guests' convenience. I'm terrified of depending on the weather to have our ceremony outside. The weather is just too unpredictable.
If we rent a park building, then we're likely going to have to rent linens and all. Not looking forward to that. So, all-in-all, we'd love for it to be quite all-inclusive on amenities. Totally willing to hire a caterer. This isn't expected to be lavish or fancy, just something quaint, barn-like, rustic, diy-style wedding. FI and I are funding this, so we definitely don't want to go into debt over a wedding reception. Was thinking of doing a brunch reception to keep it cozy and light. Not really thinking we'll have much alcohol (if any at all). We just want to have a meal with our nearest and dearest, and celebrate.
Thanks for any ideas, suggestions, or advice! I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out where to cut costs, and how do do this tastefully!

Re: $5000 budget wedding in milwaukee/waukesha

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2013

Have you considered Maggianos?

I've been to tons of weddings and special events at the Maggiano's at Mayfair (they have private party rooms) and they put on an awesome event.

You could serve a tasty lunch (with non-alcoholic beverages, appetizers, and dessert included) for $24 per person.

I'm sure they would work with you to have your ceremony there, too.

• I used to work at mayfair, and had no idea maggiano's had banquet rooms! What a great idea. I'm looking into that.
    Thanks!
  • I spent about $5k on my wedding for 102 guests.  The reception was at the Preserve at Deer Creek in New Berlin and their only requirement is you purchase alcohol through them (we paid for beer & soda and had the rest cash bar).  Their rental fee is low and we had Bunzel's cater which can be under $10/person depending on your food selection.  Bunzel's provides paper napkins and we borrowed tablecloths, though the venue offered free tan ones.  I bought dishes at the Dollar which I resold on Craigslist rather than renting.  We used "Weddings by Wolf" who was very reasonably priced for photos & liked him.  I cut costs by making all bouquets w/ flowers from Michaels.  We did an "ipod" wedding for music since neither of us are huge dancers.  Our ceremony was at Lapham Peak, though you can definitely do one at the Preserve on an outdoor patio, weather permitting, or in the main building in the case of rain (where the reception would be).

My other top budget-friendly choice was Crystal Ridge ski lodge, though now that it's The Rock, I'm not sure what the costs or conditions are like.
  • I'm just wondering how your search is going? My fiancé and I are struggling with the same issue you are. We've been searching for a reasonably priced reception venue in the Milwaukee area for months and aren't having any luck.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• have you looked into the Urban Ecology center?? I am using the Riverside Branch for my rustic country fall wedding. http://urbanecologycenter.org/our-branches/riverside-park-facility-rental.html

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having a small wedding and we decided to go with Country Springs Hotel. They don't have extra rental fees or anything. Gorgeous Gazebo (and they have a backup for you inside the hotel if it rains). I highly suggest checking it out! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards