North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Salon Swank

Has any one ever used Salon Swank to do the bridal hair and makeup?  I am getting married at the Kitty Hawk Pier House and they are right across the street so I though it would save me the travel expense to use them?? Or has anyone used any salon in Kitty Hawk that they recommend?

Kathy

Re: Salon Swank

• Options
    I haven't heard of them, they aren't a member of the Wedding Association either, not like that's the be all end all.. maybe one of the other Knotties have heard of them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used glimmer for my hair and make up. When I scheduled an appt to meet with them I met them at salon swank. I am not sure what there association is with this salon but they did a great job on my hair and make up as well as all the other girls in my party.
  • Options
    I used them earlier this week for my wedding.  Bridget did my daughter's hair and my hair and makeup.  We were completely happy with both.  They were more reasonable than the other salons I called, and it worked out great.  If you have specific questions, I'm happy to answer them.
  • Options
    Did you take them in pictures and have a trial run or did you just call and talk to them over the phone?

I was thinking about just stopping by and talking to them in a few weeks when I go to meet some other vendors for our wedding.

• Options
    Sorry, I missed your questions!  She asked if I had pictures.  I didn't - I just explained what I wanted for both of us and everything turned out great.  She asked lots of questions, took her time, and made sure we were happy with everything before we left.  They will do trial runs, as well.  I didn't have the time to do that beforehand, though.  If you're going to be there, I'd suggest stopping by to make sure you're comfortable with everything.   
  • Options
    I used Glimmer, who are Mollie and Bridget from Swank. I could not have been happier! My hair and my attendants hair were perfect! I'd be glad to e-mail you photos if you like!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards