Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wedding Shoes

Where to find some gorgeous, stunning and comfortable wedding shoes? Ideas?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Visit NewYork.Weddings.com

Best Answers

Answers

• Thanks everyone! Will definitely check out every opinion.

• doeydo said:
    What is your style?  Do they have to be white?  Ivory?  And what does "comfortable" mean to you?  Flats or well supported heel?
    at the moment just looking around so I could have an idea of what I want. I have an dress in mind so just trying to figure out the shoe. White and Comfortable by heel support.
  • I'm a huge fan of DSW. I've order 10+ pairs of shoes and loved them all/never had a problem when I had to return. You can wear anything under your dress, but it's pretty widely accepted that Chucks, Tom's and Uggs aren't cute.
    Actually, I'm wearing red chucks, and so is my groom. The rest of the wedding party (my kids included) are wearing dark purple chucks. I think it can look really nice, especially if it's a theme.

• I'm a huge fan of DSW. I've order 10+ pairs of shoes and loved them all/never had a problem when I had to return. You can wear anything under your dress, but it's pretty widely accepted that Chucks, Tom's and Uggs aren't cute.

Actually, I'm wearing red chucks, and so is my groom. The rest of the wedding party (my kids included) are wearing dark purple chucks. I think it can look really nice, especially if it's a theme.

I will say "cute" is relative, but chucks are not "nice" shoes, even if they're covered in sparkles. They are casual shoes.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• I know some people will think of this as tacky or bad etiquette, but one of the most important things for me on my wedding day is that I am comfortable! instead of wearing heels and breaking my ankle, I'm going to wear flat royal blue Keds! Will be SO much easier to dance in those also... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I scoured the Internet for weeks and ended up finding mine in overstock.com. I will admit that they weren't the most comfortable, but I loved them. I made it until about half way through the reception before slipping back into my toms.
    I hope you bought the ones for your wedding party, at least. Chucks are not cheap, and I somehow doubt the adults will be wearing purple ones again. And tennis shoes of any kind just don't go with formalwear, IMO. It looks like you don't know how to dress.
  • ashleyepashleyep member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited August 2013
    Zappos has a 365 day return policy, and free return shipping so you can try lots of things. I just ordered a pair of Badgley Mischka's because they were on sale. If they don't work with my dress when it comes in in December, I'll just return them!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards