Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Shower Hostess(es) Thank You

So my first bridal shower is next weekend (which means the big day just keeps getting closer - yay!). It is hosted by my two MsOH. They have done everything from food, to invites, games, etc. MOH1's mother (who I am very close to) helped pay for the venue. This leads me to two questions:

1: What is a good "thank you" gift for the hostess of a bridal shower? (Is it normal to give a gift or just a card? I've heard everything from a fruit arrangement to a nice handwritten note.)
2: Should I give MOH1's mother a gift/note/whatever as well? MOH lives with her mom (she is just finishing up her degree), so anything that's a bigger gift could be shared, in theory. 

My first instinct is to get a small gift for each MOH and write a letter, as well as writing a letter to MOH1's mom. Any ideas? What have other brides done? 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shower Hostess(es) Thank You

• Options

Definitely do something for all three of these ladies. A hand-written heartfelt note is fine, but it's also ok to attach the note to a small gift such as a candle or something else you know they will enjoy. My shower is being held at a relative's house so I am giving her a gift in addition to gifts for the hostesses.

I also say do separate gifts for the mother and daughter.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Agree with PP, definitely do individual gifts as well as hand-written thank you notes. They don't have to be big gifts, just something thoughtful.... candle, body scrub, little jewelry, bottle of wine, wine glasses, etc.
  • Options
    dbanana said:
    So my first bridal shower is next weekend (which means the big day just keeps getting closer - yay!). It is hosted by my two MsOH. They have done everything from food, to invites, games, etc. MOH1's mother (who I am very close to) helped pay for the venue. This leads me to two questions:

1: What is a good "thank you" gift for the hostess of a bridal shower? (Is it normal to give a gift or just a card? I've heard everything from a fruit arrangement to a nice handwritten note.)
    2: Should I give MOH1's mother a gift/note/whatever as well? MOH lives with her mom (she is just finishing up her degree), so anything that's a bigger gift could be shared, in theory. 

My first instinct is to get a small gift for each MOH and write a letter, as well as writing a letter to MOH1's mom. Any ideas? What have other brides done? 
    You can do just a nice card. But since you want to go above and beyond. I suggest something that each individual would like and a card.
  • Options
    I love the ideas of a candle or something girly they wouldn't normally buy like body scrub. You could also get them something affordable jewelry wise they could wear to the wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards