Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

wedding ceremony/reception

My fiancee and I have been together for 8 years and have 2 children (together). Neither one of us have been married before. Is it still okay to proceed with a traditional wedding, or since its "out of order" should it be more low key?

Re: wedding ceremony/reception

• Options
    You can have a traditional wedding, certainly nothing wrong with that. If you're not comfortable being the "blushing bride" since you have two kids, you can tone it down if you want, but there's nothing wrong etiquette-wise with having a big fancy wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Absolutely! You can have whatever wedding ceremony you want - it doesn't matter that you had kids first.
  • Options
    My fiancee and I have been together for 8 years and have 2 children (together). Neither one of us have been married before. Is it still okay to proceed with a traditional wedding, or since its "out of order" should it be more low key?

Sure.

Though you said in your other post that you don't really have money right now...so maybe something low-key would be nice. You could have a brunch or lunch reception versus the evening reception with al the bells and whistles.

• Options
    Sounds good! Congrats on finally tying the knot! You can find really good ideas on the budget/DIY board if you're low on funds and want something low-key.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Well I'm planning after tax season, the return will pay for it all. And I know my parents will help with the ceremony and reception money wise. But I am.planning budget friendly thanks :-). I just don't want to make sure I'm out of place with planning my wedding since its all kind of out of order.
  • Options
    Grabows14Grabows14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013

Well I'm planning after tax season, the return will pay for it all. And I know my parents will help with the ceremony and reception money wise. But I am.planning budget friendly thanks :-). I just don't want to make sure I'm out of place with planning my wedding since its all kind of out of order.

Be careful with expecting money that you don't have. Sometimes it doesn't work out. Make sure you have a back up plan that doesn't put you in debt.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards