Colorado-Denver

Too early for STD's?

Ok, have to get this out of the way first...some of these acronyms make me giggle.  Anyway, my wedding is in mid May next year.  Is it too early to send out Save The Date cards?  We do have our guest list pretty much nailed down.  Please guide me o brilliant brides and brides to be!

Re: Too early for STD's?

• mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Grr...shall try this again

My personal opinion on STDs? A waste of time and money! Unless you're having an exotic destination wedding, or over a holiday weekend, it's not necessary. These are such a relatively new "must-have" that drives me nuts!

I would assume you have told, and keep in contact with, all the really important people on the date, such as family and wp. So really, I advice skipping such things, save the money for something else!

But, if you insist on them, and you're not having your wedding overseas, or on a holiday, then 5-6 months is perfectly safe :)

HTH!

BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, you might be surprised what slips people's mind these days.... speaking from personal experience. 

I would say if you have your guest list nailed down, go for it and send them out.  If you think you might change the list, only send them out to the ones you know you will want to invite.  For good cheap ones just get post cards from vista pint.

Best of luck!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    i would say unless it's a holiday weekend, 8 months is okay

people do forget, but i also think that STDs are a complete waste of money and paper

my only feelings on them are if you are getting married far away or on a holiday to send out STDs-because people might  have other plans

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married July 2nd which is a Holiday weekend next year which means..... I MUST send out STD's.

Personally, I think that if you really want to send them out then go ahead! It's part of planning a wedding and it's a cute "engagement" announcement if your distant family doesn't already know.
    - R&G - July 2, 2011
  • Bkseller13Bkseller13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input. 

I also think they're kind of a waste, but a good idea which is why I'm doing them myself; printing the info and our pic on a blank 4x6 index card and mailing it like a postcard. 

Total cost, $18.00 including postage.  I figure I can swing that cost. Laughing
  • jj_5150jj_5150 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did them but I saved a bunch of money on my since I did them myself. If you print them from home its not to bad on the pocket book. I had alot of fun making mine. I did them since Our wedding is on halloween and I had alot of out of town people so I wanted to give them time to plan vaca from their jobs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards