Nevada-Las Vegas

Cosmopolitan Protests

I was in Vegas this past weekend and Saturday afternoon we walked past the Cosmo and there were protests on the street and the 2nd level.  They were booing and yelling at anyone that went in.  On the street level they would boo, but on the second level they were calling people losers.  

I was able to find a few articles about it.  Looks like they have been going on for some time since the workers are not under contract.  

I know I've seen posts about Wicked Spoon for receptions, so I wanted to make this known.  I'd hate for a bride to have to walk thru that!  

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 

Re: Cosmopolitan Protests

• We saw the same thing when I was there 2 weeks ago too. I wasn't sure what it was about but they were pretty loud with lots of protestors lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • It's probably people who have experienced Cosmo's players club comps lol

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• It's probably people who have experienced Cosmo's players club comps lol
    To be fair, I've received a comp'd room deal every month, and not a standard room, a terrace studio. I've never had any offers from MLife (MGM properties), and Grazie (Venetian) cut way down on their comps.
  • I've found them good about giving rooms but spending stipends for restaurants, bottle service, airfare, etc. hasn't been so great; below all the others. 

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I didn't see any of this when we were in Oct of last year or June of this year... hmm...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been about 5 times this year and this past trip was the first I've seen of it.  They aren't out there protesting 24/7, but there have been protests for some time, I've seen articles dating back to January of this year.  Hopefully no one else has to experience them!  They were down right mean with many of their comments!  
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Hopefully the labor dispute will resolve soon for everyone involved. If not we will have to find a new place to stay, my FH won't cross a picket line!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fingers crossed it does get resolved soon! I wouldnt want to deal with all that during our wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards