Attire & Accessories Forum

birdcage veil & glasses

I would love to wear a birdcage veil for my wedding but am unsure about how it will look because I wear glasses. Would I be able to wear both without looking rediculous? Thanks!

Re: birdcage veil & glasses

• Don't see why not, but it might depend on the veil and the style of your glasses. Go try them on and see what you think, that's the only way to really tell. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • try contacts? i wear glasses too but dont want them in my pictures.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_birdcage-veil-glasses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:8e6f760c-81c2-457e-bd61-6875821861d4Post:6f7ddaa4-8234-4c7e-8198-836c22031300">Re: birdcage veil & glasses</a>:
    [QUOTE]try contacts? i wear glasses too but dont want them in my pictures.
    Posted by soontobehasrouni[/QUOTE]

I can't wear contacts (they irritate my eyes something awful and because i have off the chart light sensitivity i have to have my glasses on)
  • Can you just wear contacts temporarily? I'm not sure how the veil would look with glasses. Maybe try them on together and take somes pictures of yourself. Things tend to look different in pictures sometimes so I would get a feel for how it will look. Bird cage veils aren't expensive, I think I got mine for like $20 on Etsy. So if you end up getting it and it doesn't work, not a huge loss.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Can you just wear contacts temporarily? I'm not sure how the veil would look with glasses. Maybe try them on together and take somes pictures of yourself. Things tend to look different in pictures sometimes so I would get a feel for how it will look. Bird cage veils aren't expensive, I think I got mine for like $20 on Etsy. So if you end up getting it and it doesn't work, not a huge loss.

I can't wear contacts at all. Unless they start making contacts with built in sunglasses contacts are out of the question.

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    I think you can wear both glasses and a birdcage veil.  Here are a couple brides who rocked it
    .imageimage
  • I'd definitely try on a birdcage veil. Head to a local bridal salon - big or small store, and ask if you can try one on. Take some pictures while you're there in different style veils, and then take a look at them later. If you can't bring anyone with you to try them on, show your friends/family to get opinions on what they think. 
  • I think the best thing to do would be to try some veils you like on. The most important thing on your wedding day is to be comfortable and look like yourself. That being said, if you never wear contacts, don't wear them on your wedding day.
  • I totally think you can rock the birdcage veil with glasses. And I personally think the birdcage veil would look better than a traditional veil when worn with glasses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards