Wedding Woes

Debate? Pop-off? Game? Pregnancy Annoucement? ANYTHING!!

I have until 5 o'clock people and I'm not making it.  I don't have anything good to share, someone come up w/something.

Re: Debate? Pop-off? Game? Pregnancy Annoucement? ANYTHING!!

• I'm just in a shitty, shitty mood today.

or, you know -- you could just post something interesting/controversial/conversation-worthy instead.
  • Our school is over crowded. That's all I got at the moment.

I'm tired.

• I've already tried.  I'm out of stuff.  I posted the socks, my crazy friend and the gay marriage thing.

And then I found this gif and I started laughing so hard I had to cover my mouth in the office cubicle and now I'm crying and snorting:

• My high school reunion is this weekend.  I can't believe I haven't seen most of these people in 19 years.  The reunion is for 1991-1994 classes, the first four years our high school existed.  So we're the first group having our "20th".  I'm excited, but also anxious.   DH isn't going with me and I truly hate going to events like this alone.  But I'm going to suck it up and do it.  :)
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2013

I skipped my 10 and 15.  And man, they were aggressive about trying to get me to come, but I think it's b/c it was obnoxiously expensive.  I did hear some fun stories from it though.

Adurr: Have fun, AF.

• I went to the ol' 20th. Have fun.:)
  • Why isn't your H going, AF? No child care or he just doesnt want to?

We had an all employee call earlier. In the q&a session a lady asks what she can do to promote herself within the company because she is about to finish a college degree and will be qualified for better jobs. The lady's voice made me think that she is African American. CEO ( rather than giving a simple reply about how to update her profile in the HR system) launches into a very politician-sequence reply in which he says that he understands her struggles because he was raised by a single mother. So...wdwwt?

Was this a racist response to assume that this lady is a struggling single mom? Sexist? Both? Neither?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Zsa, I'm going to go with, "yeah, girl.'

He wouldn't know what to do with me. Black, 40 and no kids.

• Hah! I just found my favorite Visage moment on a .gif and it seems applicable:

• zsa - tickets to the reunion were $40/person and $ was due about a month ago.  We're still on spending lockdown while our savings gets caught up from when DH was unemployed PLUS we had that wedding to go to a few weeks ago and were going to shell out a lot of money for hotel, car, gas and a wedding gift (we couldn't be too cheap or the bride would be on here bitching about it!  j/k - she's cool).    So anyway, the bottom line is we couldn't afford $80 for something that DH really had no interest in anyway.  Boo.   I'm poor.  But it's my own fault.  Blah, blah.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards