Attire & Accessories Forum

What not to wear

hm.
imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: What not to wear

• Ugghh. Who did this to her? Because I know you can't lace your own corset. :-(

Sad thing for her is that a modesty panel and a looser lacing would've looked just fine.

• O
    itzMS said:

Ugghh. Who did this to her? Because I know you can't lace your own corset. :-(

Sad thing for her is that a modesty panel and a looser lacing would've looked just fine.

An extra yard or two of fabric and lacing would've helped too. There's not much the person could've done without much of either to work with. I wonder what her back looked like at the end of the day.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Poor girl!
  • I was thinking the same thing. That can't possibly be comfortable!
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Why would any alterations department let a girl walk out with her dress like this?
  • Wow.

I'm going to remember this when I order my dress for my measurements now, not assuming I will be down a size by the wedding date!  Having some alterations to take the sides in would CERTAINLY feel better than anything remotely reminiscent of this photo.  
  • edited August 2013
    I ordered a size down, and i gained 3 lbs instead of losing 15 and IT DID NOT FIT. true story.

i had to get a new dress.
    imageimageimage

• The laces are screaming in pain!!

• Poor thing - man, that must have hurt!!
  • I wonder if they were outside long enough (and despite the cloudy/overcast weather) to get some interesting tan lines...  a day later this picture is still stuck in my head!! I can't stop laughing but feel kind of bad for her.
  • I ordered my dress a size down, and lost the 15 pounds, but mainly because I was terrified of this. The dress I tried in the store was pretty loose. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards