Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

The best way to start the search for the dress

I have started looking at dresses online and there are some salons that I like that have ton of dresses I like. There are some salons that only have a few (that I've seen) that I like. Where should I should I start: the places that only have a few dresses I like or the one with more dresses I like? Where did you start your search and why did you start there?

Re: The best way to start the search for the dress

• Options
    I'd pick the closest and easiest to get to. Start there and work your way out. I think convenience is BIG. Also you may like how they look online but they may fit your body completely different.
  • Options
    I agree with huynhette.  Having a bridal shop that is nearby is so much better then one an hour away. My friend had 5 fittings and had to drive an hour each way every time.  Kind of a pain in the ass.

And the best way to start a search for the dress is to just try some on.  Start with shape and narrow that down to what you think you look best in and then worry about fabric, embellishments, etc. Getting the right shape for your body is the most important part.

• Options
    I would say start with the shop that is closest to you that gets good reviews (look on places like WeddingWire). For example, I could have looked at one of the two places in my town at the time, but neither had very good ratings. Instead, I drove an hour and a half to the nearest good sized city, where I could go to one that was very highly rated. Yes, I had to drive longer to get there for my two fittings, but the service, selection, and prices all made up for that.
  • Options
    My wedding is in another city from where I live.  I live in NY but will be married where all of my family lives in New Orleans.  I am just ready to look in NY, but will probably order in New Orleans.  There are 2 good bridal salons there and a lot of gowns.  But in New York you have choices that are not probably in New Orleans.  So I will look in NY first.
    So does that mean you will fly to New Orleans for all of your alterations/ fitting appointments?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards