California-San Diego
Options

Dresses and Venues in the area!!!

Hi everyone!  I JUST got engaged - like, less than a week ago - and so far have been browsing the boards, tools, etc. and finding everything extremely helpful.  I haven't even attended that many weddings in my life, nevermind even thought about planning one, so I'm a little overwhelmed!  A few questions:

1.  Where are some good spots to go try on dresses?  I've seen a million online, and I know what styles I like LOOKING at, but I don't know what styles look good ON me yet.  My parents are flying out from the East Coast soon and I want to shop for dresses while my mom is here, so any suggestions about stores (other than basics like David's Bridal) would be great.

2. Venues??? I think our budget is going to stick to around $10k for our reception for about 100-120 guests.  We've only researched online (plan on checking some out soon!) but LOVE what we've seen at places like the Bristol Hotel in Gaslamp.  We live in Oceanside so really anywhere along the coast is doable, just wondering if anyone had experience with that particular venue.

Thanks for all your help so far - this is so exciting!

Re: Dresses and Venues in the area!!!

• Options
    @TheNormandys I recommend my venue - Los Willows in Fallbrook and I got my dress at the White Flower and had a wonderful experience.

Anniversary

• Options
    Gas lamp is crazy expensive way out of the 10k range.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I agree about the Gaslamp. I haven't seen anything less than $13,000
  • Options
    Brides by Demetrios and 2000 Dreams are two other dress shops similar to DB. There are tons of little boutique shops that will give you more TLC, but they are SO EXPENSIVE for the same quality dresses.

I would start with DB and see if you even need to check out other places, they have tons of dresses in so many styles at an affordable price point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards