Connecticut

Reviews!!

So got married Aug 23rd and then went on our amazing honeymoon....now time for reviews :-)

Wadsworth Mansion- A++  I can't say enough about the mansion!  It was worth every penny we paid!!!  All of our guests were in awe of how beautiful it is and it truly is.  Anne is awesome and so easy to work with, kind of sad I don't have a reason to e-mail with her now.  Whatever you need, questions you have, she was there and very responsive (Deborah was also great to talk with the few times I saw her).

Coastal Gourmet- A++  The food was amazing!  We got so many compliments on the food and how good it was.  We worked with Keri from beginning to end (she was our point person the day of) and she made sure everything was the way we wanted it for our day.  She was quick to respond to e-mails (even with being on maternity leave earlier this year- we also got a response from her fill in).  The food and service was awesome and very budget friendly! 

Just For You Floral Design- A+  Jane is great to work with.  I showed her what I wanted and what she produced was beyond my expectations.  While some things weren't exactly how I was thinking, I trust her judgement that perhaps things were left out because it didn't look right (and they were small, small things)- the flowers still looked awesome.  When I walked in the dining room before the guests arrived, I gasped at how beautiful the centerpieces came out!  Love them!  She isn't too quick to respond to e-mails (not so great by phone- discovered that quickly so always tried to e-mail her).  I wasn't able to talk to her the week of the wedding so had a panic moment about when the bouquets would be delivered but she was quick to respond to my panic e-mail at midnight the night before my wedding (15 min later in fact) and the flowers arrived on time and at the right place.  All in all highly recommend Just for you.

Eric Brushett Photography A++  What can I say about this guy?!!  We love him and can't stop talking about him!  While we haven't seen our pictures yet from the day of, our engagement photos are fabulous and the few teasers are awesome and he is such a great person to work with.  He loves getting interesting shots so while I wasn't surprised when he started to move around a metal lamp while we got ready to use it as a reflective surface, my bridesmaids gave some odd looks-lol!   He is budget friendly and his work is AMAZING!!!!   You get all the pictures afterward and he never pushed us to get albums (we had meetings with photographers where it was all about the albums and less on their work).  We also had the photo booth thru him and we can't wait to see the pictures (he provides all the props which were fun!)

Jock in the Box- A++  We heart Todd!  Such a wonderful guy to work with.  He is what you want him to be- if you want him to be really interactive with your guests he will be, if you want him to be more hands off, he will be.  One of my friends commented on how great our playlist was and when I said we only had a few definite songs to play and it was mostly Todd, he was impressed.  It probably did help that he was also the DJ at another wedding we were at in July so he saw what we danced to but still we were super happy with all the music he played to get our guests dancing the night away!

Hunter Limo- A  Our driver, Angel, was great!  He was on time and made sure us ladies didn't want for anything on our way to the first look (we had a 30 min drive).  We didn't have a single problem with them. We had a limo bus which was super comfy and there was champagne to celebrate on our drive from the church to venue.

DATTCO- A-   We had an activity bus to take our guests from the hotel to venue.  There was no issues with picking up from hotel to the venue and the first run to the hotel but we were left waiting for the last run of the night.  It could have been because it was late leaving on the previous run- had a friend calling the hotel to see if it was still there and finding out where it was.  Only when we got to the hotel there were guests from another wedding who had word that their DATTCO bus never showed up- so not sure if the bus was ours or the other wedding. They were late charging my card with the payment (not a huge concern but wasn't charged until After the wedding).

Bridal Bells Boutique, Berlin-A   I bought my Mori Lee dress here and had alterations done there as well.  While I love my dress and all my fittings were fine, when my mom picked up my dress the day before our wedding it's a good thing she asked if the cups were sewn in because they hadn't been.  Apparently they fell out of the dress bag and the seamstress didn't know which dress they came from so instead of checking dresses and calling brides, she just left them out.  It was a quick fix and my mom only had to wait 10 min but had she not asked I wouldn't have had them in and it was something I definitely needed in my dress!

Custom Travel, Wallingford-  A   Used them for our honeymoon to Riviera Maya, Mexico.  We met them at the Bridal Expo in Hartford and got pricing and info about several choices.  Even after the travel agent we were talking to left,  I got a call from the owner who personally took over our file.  We didn't have a single problem with them or on our trip.  So easy using a travel agent rather than doing all the leg work ourselves.  

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reviews!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards