Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party - Who Pays?

I am the MOH in my sister's wedding. I'm working on planning the Bachelorette party. I'm the only one that lives locally so no one knows what there is to do. My sister has given me some ideas of what she wants to do and I am working on booking a ghost tour. 

I'm going to cook dinner for everyone at our house before the tour. Is it rude to ask people to pay for their ticket for the tour? (I'm going to pay for my the bride) I can't really afford $300 to pay for everyone to go on the ghost tour. But I don't know how to ask people to pay their own way without looking rude/cheap. 

Re: Bachelorette Party - Who Pays?

• Bstar0306 said:
    I am the MOH in my sister's wedding. I'm working on planning the Bachelorette party. I'm the only one that lives locally so no one knows what there is to do. My sister has given me some ideas of what she wants to do and I am working on booking a ghost tour. 

I'm going to cook dinner for everyone at our house before the tour. Is it rude to ask people to pay for their ticket for the tour? (I'm going to pay for my the bride) I can't really afford $300 to pay for everyone to go on the ghost tour. But I don't know how to ask people to pay their own way without looking rude/cheap. 

Nope it's not rude. It's actually pretty easy. You send out invitations for the party. If people have questions, they will ask when they RSVP. Don't be surprised if a lot of people skip the ghost tour, though.

You can use wording like this...

Bachelorette Party for Suzy Sunshine!

October 12, 2013

Dinner at 6:00 PM at XYZ House

Super Scary Ghost Tour 9:00PM (tickets cost $25 to be purchased at the gate)

Please RSVP to BStar0306 at moh@ gmail.com or 123-456-7890 by September 21.

• In my circle, everyone pays their own way for a bachelorette party.  I would never expect the host to pay for my ticket to something.
  • Agree with Libby2483. I have always paid my own way at Bachlorette parties. I would never expect the host of the party to pay for anyone except for the bride.
  • I like the sample invite above. I think as long as people know what the plans are and what expenses to expect ahead of time, you are good. There  is a chance some people may come just for dinner & then split. I personally like ghost tours but I understand they aren't everyone's cup of tea.
  • I second what PP's have said, I generally expect to pay my own way at a bachelorette party, so hopefully people will either assume or ask you to prevent any awkwardness at the actual event.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Everyone pays their own way (e.g. we went to see Thunder From Down Under - a male 'entertainment show' - for my friend's bachelorette party and the MOH asked everyone ahead of time for the price of the ticket & hotel room. If you didn't want to pay, you didn't go). However, in my experience it's been that the bridal party all pitch in to pay for all of the bride's costs - hotel room, drinks, etc. For people backing out at the last minute - either you suck up their cost or you ask them to pay even if they aren't going (if you've already ordered & paid for tickets).
  • Everyone who comes (usually the bridesmaids) should contribute.  The bride, of course, shouldn't be paying for anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards