North Carolina-Outer Banks

Romantic Hotels for the Wedding Night?

I want to surprise my future husband with a really sweet hotel suite (haha) on our wedding night. My parents are renting a beautiful oceanfront event home for the week before our wedding (we'll get married Saturday and everyone will clear out on Sunday). The problem is I plan on having a FANTASTIC wedding night and it'll be a little awkward with my entire family (and in-laws) in the living room RIGHT OUTSIDE THE MASTER BEDROOM!!!

I'd like to find an oceanfront hotel that offers a honeymoon suite special. The Oasis Suites Hotel is soundside, but if I can't find anything better, we'll go with that. Hopefully we can find something oceanfront though! Help?

Re: Romantic Hotels for the Wedding Night?

• Oasis is really nice! I would have gone there, but they were booked the night of our wedding... booked with all my guests :)

We are staying at Burruss House Inn in Manteo.  Manteo is full of cute inns & bed and breakfasts!
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I agree, Manteos have some great B&B's and I personally love The Carriage House Inn.

There are a lot of OF hotels, but not many that I would consider luxury, other than possibly the Hilton Garden Inn or possible The Sanderling.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_romantic-hotels-for-the-wedding-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:033d9a4a-c6a2-4098-b3ab-b0d39a3cdd7aPost:916205da-8cb7-449b-991b-6c84d357602d">Romantic Hotels for the Wedding Night?</a>:
    [QUOTE] The problem is I plan on having a FANTASTIC wedding night and it'll be a little awkward with my entire family (and in-laws) in the living room RIGHT OUTSIDE THE MASTER BEDROOM!!! Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]

Bwahahaha.... Fi and I had that problem. Then I reserved a hotel (not my top choice, but still a decent one considering hotels were booking up at lightning speed for the week of our wedding), only to find out that it's the <strong>same</strong> hotel our pastor is staying in. I just hope we're not sharing a wall with them. haha
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Oh my God I can't even imagine! I looked at the Sanderling online, it looks beautiful. Has anyone stayed and done the honeymoon package there?
  • I think Philly's getting married there... check with him... or if any of you talk to him, let him know someone needs advice
  • We are getting married at the Sanderling and i'll be staying there for two nights.  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Phillyboy - I can't wait for your vendor review - please include honeymoon details (just not dirty ones!!!)
  • LOL Courtania.  Nah, i'd keep that private.  However, we aren't honeymooning at the Sanderling.  The two nights are part of our "Elopement Package" that we are getting with the Sanderling.  We will be honeymooning in the Dominican Republic, at Dreams resort.

However, we will still post our vendor reviews. 

And, I can't wait for September 7th either!  I'm getting tired of the planning and all these details and the stress!!!! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards