Moms and Maids
Options

Sister of the Groom Gift?

My groom has two sisters. I asked both to be bridesmaids, one accepted and one politely declined because she is actually pregnant and will be giving birth in the next couple of weeks after our wedding. Her first child (our neice) is our flower girl. Should I get her a gift, even though technically she's not in the wedding party? And if so, what are some good gift ideas? I don't want it to be the same thing that my BMaids get.

Re: Sister of the Groom Gift?

• Options
    If you feel the need to get her a gift, go ahead. As far as what to get her, shop like it's her birthday or Christmas, perhaps with something small added for baby.
  • Options
    I wouldn't. I'd get her daughter a little something for being in the wedding party, but that's it.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Victorian charm pulls seem to be making a comeback and they are a great way to honor some of the female guests who are not in the wedding party.  They are little silver charms hidden in the cake, attached to a ribbon that gets pulled.  Each charm has a special meaning, ex. the oyster with the pearl means babies, etc.  I know of two weddings this year where the brides did this and it was a touching moment for some important ladies. You can see some on Etsy.
  • Options
    Victorian charm pulls seem to be making a comeback and they are a great way to honor some of the female guests who are not in the wedding party.  They are little silver charms hidden in the cake, attached to a ribbon that gets pulled.  Each charm has a special meaning, ex. the oyster with the pearl means babies, etc.  I know of two weddings this year where the brides did this and it was a touching moment for some important ladies. You can see some on Etsy.
    This sounds really weird. I would maybe get her a small token but I wouldn't worry about it too much. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to get her a small something, just because she would LITERALLY be the only person at the rehearsal dinner that wasn't opening a gift. It's been a touchy subject the whole time because she expects to be included in things, even though she isn't a bridesmaid, which is hard on me. I don't want to hurt her feelings because she is my future SIL, but at the same time, she turned it down, so she can't expect to get the same treatment.
  • Options
    Teddy917Teddy917 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2013
    I don't see why you can't include her in things just because she's not a BM.
  • Options

Of couse I'm including her in things like our shower, the bridal luncheon, etc. because she's family. But, for example, she got upset when my MOH didn't incude her in the planning for the bachelorette weekend. She's invited to come, but the planning aspect is for the BMaids.

• Options
    chelcee22 said:

Of couse I'm including her in things like our shower, the bridal luncheon, etc. because she's family. But, for example, she got upset when my MOH didn't incude her in the planning for the bachelorette weekend. She's invited to come, but the planning aspect is for the BMaids.

WHy can't she be involved in the planning of the bachelorette party?  I don't understand this. If you were close enough to ask her to be a bridesmaid, surely, she's at least invited.
  • Options

Yes, she is invited to the bachelorette party. When my MOH sent out the email asking for help making the goodie bags and decorations, she only sent it to the Bmaids, not everybody who is invited to the party. Apparently this hurt her feelings because she was left out of the "Bmaids circle of communication."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards