November 2013 Weddings

Bridesmaid Gifts

I love my girls... but am feeling particularly wedding-broke. 

Anyone have any great inexpensive/DIY ideas for gifts for bridesmaids? 

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts

• Do you have a charming Charlie's near you? I got my girls bracelets from their for $8 each.

I also did hangers with their names on them and a pretty pair of earrings (those were like $20).

Altogether I spent about $30 per girl.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm helping my sister gather a bunch of cute gifts for her bridesmaids for her wedding. However, I'm all about saving some bucks, so I've got a couple ideas for you:
    * dollar store shot glasses that you can etch (check Pinterest for instructions)
    * cheap picture frames decorated with cute washi tape
    *You should check deal websites like living social and stuff, because sometimes they have great deals on girly gifts like makeup bags, purses, and other things. I just used LS to get this:
    *For a fun gift that they can use on the day of the wedding, I just purchased and decorated these disposable flasks. They're 6 for $12 - which was perfect because my sister only has 4 bridesmaids (including me). I've already started decorating them with glitter matching the ceremony colors, and I'm planning to print monogram stickers for them!
    They come in a bunch of colors - I chose to get black since I knew I was going to glitter-ize them :)
  • I really like the Charming Charlie idea...that's a great store with a ton of accessories that aren't too pricey.

I'm ordering Alex and Ani bracelets for my 6 bridesmaids. The bracelets themselves cost $28 each and I will probably give them something else small in addition to those like a bottle of their favorite wine.

Sometimes it's cost effective to buy gifts unique to each bridesmaid...for example maybe buying one a book by her favorite author or a gift basket full of baking accessories if one likes to bake. 
  • OP, no matter what, just give gifts your girls will appreciate. You know them best. Don't give them something just because it is cheap.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I threw a bridesmaids luncheon when I formally asked them all to be attendants. They got a swag bag at the luncheon that included a black satin quilted make-up bag with "bridesmaid" in rhinestones, a black t-shirt with "bridesmaid" in rhinestones to wear the day of the wedding, a couple of other cute things like hand lotion. For the rehearsal dinner, I will give them jewelry I purchased for them to wear in the wedding and a little package of Kleenex with their initials. None of it was expensive. Hobby Lobby has their wedding stuff half off at least once a month. That's where I bought the make-up bags.

I found a cute idea (here, I think) for the hostesses for my showers. I bought bottles of shower gel from Bath & Body Works in the PS I Love You fragrance. Tying a shower puff to it and a tag that says "I hope your next shower is as lovely as mine was."

• shannie11shannie11 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2013
    NiceGirlNTX:  I love that idea about the shower gel!  I got my girls some totes, jewlery, wine and was looking for something else that had some meaning.  Thanks so much!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards