October 2013 Weddings

chairs

So I feel like this is a dumb question, but I am going to ask it.

I know you are supposed to have a chair for every butt, and the reception is no problem. For the ceremony, we are renting chairs. Do I still need to order chairs for us/the wedding party who will not in fact be sitting, but standing with us?
image 209 Invited
image 151 Yes
image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

Re: chairs

• If there is not one part of the ceremony where you sit, I would not!  You will save some money and I feel like if you order chairs for yourself/party, it will be the chairs in the front row and they will just stay empty...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I definitely wouldn't rent chairs for you and FI. If the wedding party won't be standing at all - I wouldn't worry about it either. I will have chairs for my wedding party though - because FI and I will be the only ones standing the WHOLE time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good question. I wouldn't - as long as the bridal party/groomsmen will be standing the entire time.

For our church ceremony, they will be. There is technically a pew for them, but they won't be using it. 

So, I would say no. If they (and you) are standing the entire time (and everyone knows about that and is ok with that), then there is no need to order the additional chairs that will just be there empty. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards