Chit Chat
Options

Wedding Pet Peeves!

Do you have one? or two? or three? Go for it...rant and rave here because I definitely do! I just attended a wedding on Friday and saw MULTIPLE people in JEANS! JEANS! Nothing says classless and disrespectful like a pair of disgusting jeans and a frumpy t-shirt. Come on people. And then there is always that ONE girl that thinks shes the hottest thing there with her dress that is so short she's afraid to bend over. Ugh. Some people.

Re: Wedding Pet Peeves!

• Options
    This isn't a wedding pet peeve but is in regards to the girl in the too short dress.  I saw a girl the other day that was in a little sundress and she bent down to pet a dog, the skirt came up a bit, and she was wearing a thong.  I just felt bad for her.
  • Options
    NWR: I was at the airport once and this woman was having a hard time bending over to put her luggage down because her dress was so short. At least she wasn't wearing a thong, but I really didn't need to see that.

Anniversary

• Options
    Meh. I'm pretty sure my brother will wear jeans to ours. It doesn't bother me. This is the mountain west so we do things different here.    Plus, jeans & a collared shirt with buttons is about as dressed up as I've ever seen him.  He works on a dive boat in the Cayman Islands so it's a huge step up from his normal bathing suit, tank top and no shoes.

My biggest wedding peeve is ribbon wands.  I don't get it at. all.   It just feels like a toddler music class where all the children are dancing with scarves and shouldn't be done.  Ever.
  • Options
    haha i personally think that you shouldnt ever wear thongs with sundresses for that reason. If it is a laid back wedding and that's whats expected I can understand, but when everyone else is dressed up? I just think thats rude. West mountains? Wyoming maybe? My best friend lived out there for a while and that was pretty much normal attire for a wedding as well.
  • Options
    Crappy/long/embarrassing/TMI toasts
    When the WP gets introduced and each pair comes in dancing
    Clinging on glasses to get the couple to kiss
    The garter hunt/toss
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    ^ agreed with all. the WP introductions are always awkward and strange. The toasts need to be short and sweet and we decided since we hate the clinging of the glasses that people will have to come up and sing to us in order to get us to kiss. It's stupid, yes, but at least they have to look a fool too.
  • Options
    Crappy/long/embarrassing/TMI toasts When the WP gets introduced and each pair comes in dancing Clinging on glasses to get the couple to kiss The garter hunt/toss

All this.

The other thing that annoys me (there really is no reason why it should but it just does) is wedding games. Maybe it's because I hate feet but I cringe when they play the shoe game. I usually leave to go to the bathroom during this, but these are just my issues.

• Options
    The first wedding I went to after getting married, I was so excited to not have to do the stupid bouquet toss anymore.  God I hated those.  (we didn't do it at our wedding)
  • Options
    erinlin25erinlin25 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited September 2013
    Fake weddings where the couple is already married but they have a PPD because they "deserve" it-- unless you host me at black tie levels, I will side eye the hell out of you.

Honeymoon registries

long & awkward speeches

when the bride or groom gets too drunk/out of control/sloppy

edit: also agree on Jeans... unless it is a known super casual or country style wedding, jeans are not appropriate for a wedding, IMO.  And even the country weddings I have attended and was told I could wear jeans if I liked, I still managed to wear a cute sun dress with boots.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards