Missouri-St Louis

Off the Rack Advice

Hi Ladies! My best friend just got engaged and asked me to be the MOH! Sad part of the story is her father has terminal cancer and they need to have the wedding end of October. Also her 2 yr old is suffering with respratory illness, puting him in Childrens Hospital quite often.

We are looking at a reception site this weekend that has a date available late Oct. Can anyone please offer some advice on any vendors that can do things within a two month time span??

She will have to get a dress off the rack, which is great because they budget is not huge. Any places with particularly large or impressive off the rack selections? We plan to go look this weekend.

Anyone have a photographer they can recommend that may have availablity late Oct?

We're kind of scrambling here, so any advice would be so appreciated!

Thank you!

Re: Off the Rack Advice

• check out Ikon Photographs for photography - they are great to work with :)

I planned my wedding in a very short amount of time- being able to pick up/transport my stuff made it a lot easier...loved my florist MarryMe Flowers, cake from McArthurs and food from Orlando's

for the dress- check craigslist- I was lucky and found mine new with tags for $250...there are also at least 2 new wedding consignment shops opening in the STL area...
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Ikon Photographs is www.ikonphotographs.net - David is amazing!
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • If they allow outside catering, Syberg's Dorsett does catering for a good price and they can usually work on short schedule. 
  • Amazon.com actually has some simple gowns for a decent price...wish I knew that a few months ago..but oh well.  You can also look at Goodwills, they always seem to have dresses.  
  • I have two dresses that I am looking to sell. The first I bought on a whim and decided that I did not like it, so bought the other that I wore at my wedding. Neither has had alterations. I would be happy to send pictures if your friend is interested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards