Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Hair/Make Up DFW Area Bride & Bridal Party

Emmy1493Emmy1493 member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
edited September 2013 in Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Hello, it's time for me to start thinking of finding a H&MUA for my wedding. I know I still have quite a bit of time (Wedding is in May 2014) but I just thought I should at least start really looking. Any of you ladies have any great suggestions? I don't really have a set budget for it, just as long as it isn't horribly expensive. I lurked around for a little bit, but decided to just start my own post and see if there might have been any vendors that were missed or I didn't see. Thanks in advance! :)

EDITED: Spelling Errors.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair/Make Up DFW Area Bride & Bridal Party

• Hi! I just used vogueaffairs.com they were a great team and reasonably priced for quality work. You are so smart to look now, may is the biggest wedding month. I couldn't get it :( good luck
  • I used Nicole Cano for both hair and makeup. To do hair and makeup for me and two of my bridesmaids took close to 7 hours (with a break for lunch). I know ejheart used Nicole for hair and someone else for makeup. Nicole is a hair wizard, trained at Toni & Guy, but she doesn't do airbrush makeup, which a lot of brides prefer. I would definitely look into her for hair at least. She's great.
  • I'm using Nicole Cano too. She just did my trial hair and make up last weekend and she was so good!!
  • If Haute Facade is still around, you might want to give them a look especially if you have a large BP.
  • Yep, I used Nicole, too and was very happy. :) For makeup I used Elinia Eads. I did airbrush makeup and she did a great job. Last I spoke with her she was $90 (airbrush) for brides.
    Anniversary
  • Awesome! Thank you for all the suggestions, so far! Will look into them and go from there. :) I have looked at a few, but some where real expensive, or this or that. I have 6 ladies (including me) that will want hair and make up, so I need it to be decently priced as I plan on paying for it all lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I loved Angie Williams!
    Anniversary

• Ill have to give her a look-thanks! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Don't know if it's convenient for you, but my group is all going to Dry Bar in Highland Park for hair and then next door to Blushington for makeup.  It's reasonably priced and we can all get done around the same time.  I just had my makeup trial and they did an amazing job, so I'm really happy with the choice.
  • Hmm, never heard of it, let the Google search commencing begin! Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I love Dry Bar for small groups, but every time I've gone with more than 3 people we all get split into different rooms, and there isn't much room to hang around all together. They do a GREAT job, but they really don't do updos. Their specialty is normal blowouts.
  • According to their website, Dry Bar does do updos, they call them an Uptini, $80 for it. But you might want to call to make sure they have enough stylists to do it. Most stylists that work there are only there to bolster their client list and might hate updos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards