October 2013 Weddings

Random Discussion

What is the weather like by you?

What are you most looking forward to in fall?

Do you like pumpkin (you know foods/drinks)?

What are your plans this weekend?

Favorite Holiday and why?

Do you hand out candy for Trick or Treating?

Can you believe September is almost done?

How many days to you have off before/after the wedding?

What will you be doing with all your time after the wedding?

Re: Random Discussion

• What is the weather like by you? Today it is gloomy, supposed to get sunny this afternoon. In the 60s.

What are you most looking forward to in fall? Not planning a wedding anymore, getting my fall decor out, and the leaves changing.

Do you like pumpkin (you know foods/drinks)? All the things pumpkin. I was so excited what Pumpkin Spice Lattes came back to Starbucks.

What are your plans this weekend? Getting my hair highlighted/cut after work and reworking my wedding hairdo, one of my BMs will get here tonight, and my bachelorette party is tomorrow. Sunday my guess is I will be super hung over.

Favorite Holiday and why? Fourth of July. Its typically nice, cookouts, fireworks, yard games, etc.

Do you hand out candy for Trick or Treating? We did for a few years, but we just don't have many kids on our street that make it our way since we live right on a busy road.

Can you believe September is almost done? Im so glad its almost done!

How many days to you have off before/after the wedding? Three before and then the whole week after. I am gone basically the whole first half of October. My last day is the 1st and Ill be back on the 14th. I cannot wait!

What will you be doing with all your time after the wedding? Scrapping all our pictures, work on training our sassy puppy a little better, and keeping up with the house work.

• What is the weather like by you? feels like fall- sunny, probably 60's

What are you most looking forward to in fall? getting married! and hopefully going to the fairs and apple picking.

Do you like pumpkin (you know foods/drinks)? only certain things- pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice frappes from starbucks...

What are your plans this weekend? hair trial tonight! picking up my dress tomorrow then bringing it to get steamed and working on my seating chart!

Favorite Holiday and why? probably thanksgiving- a time to spend with family.

Do you hand out candy for Trick or Treating? no- not really a fan of halloween and we live on a busy street so we dont get many kids

Can you believe September is almost done? NO but i am ready for october!

How many days to you have off before/after the wedding? i am off from oct 5-22 :):):):) all PTO!

What will you be doing with all your time after the wedding? RELAXING! and working on our house :) and spending time with friends!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What is the weather like by you? 75 degrees and mostly cloudy

What are you most looking forward to in fall? Cooler weather! 

Do you like pumpkin (you know foods/drinks)? Yes! I'm not a big fan of pumpkin pie though.

What are your plans this weekend? Paying off florist and dance lesson tonight. Hair trial and dress fitting tomorrow. Sunday no specific plans but more wedding stuff I'm sure! 

Favorite Holiday and why? New Years Eve. Because it is my birthday!

Do you hand out candy for Trick or Treating? Usually, but we won't be this year. We will just be getting back from our honeymoon.

Can you believe September is almost done? No! This month flew by.

How many days to you have off before/after the wedding? I am getting married on a Sunday and I will have Wednesday through Friday off of work that week before.

What will you be doing with all your time after the wedding? Practice making babies! But seriously, probably home improvement projects we have been neglecting. 

• What is the weather like by you? Beautiful.  It's sunny and supposed to get into the 70's today.  Perfect day!

What are you most looking forward to in fall?  Besides getting married....boots and sweaters.  I love fall clothes.  Also, my birthday is next week so I'm looking forward to that too, kind of.  Oh and pumpkin spice lattes.  

Do you like pumpkin (you know foods/drinks)?  YES!  just not pumpkin pie.

What are your plans this weekend? Bachelorette party

Favorite Holiday and why? Halloween and Christmas.  I love Halloween for the dressing up and decorations...and candy.  I love Christmas because of the family stuff.

Do you hand out candy for Trick or Treating?  Yes.

Can you believe September is almost done?  Not at all!

How many days to you have off before/after the wedding? My wedding is the 19th and I just took off the 17th and 18th.  I don't return to work until the 30th.

What will you be doing with all your time after the wedding?  Spending time with people and doing fun stuff.  The wedding has taken up a lot of time and money and we haven't been able to do some stuff we wanted to this past summer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What is the weather like by you? The high today is 102. This is stupid.

What are you most looking forward to in fall? Cooler weather. Pumpkin stuff. FI's bday. Halloween. My bday. Thanksgiving. Fall is my favorite.

Do you like pumpkin (you know foods/drinks)? Everything pumpkin! I've been busy pinning a bunch of new pumpkin recipes to try this year.

What are your plans this weekend? My bridal luncheon! Yay!

Favorite Holiday and why? Thanksgiving. Turkey and mashed potatoes is my favorite meal ever.

Do you hand out candy for Trick or Treating? No we usually always go out, especially now that DS1 will be old enough to understand what's happening this year!

Can you believe September is almost done? No! But yay! Time is just flying.

How many days to you have off before/after the wedding? I'm a stay at home mom, I never get days off ;)

What will you be doing with all your time after the wedding? I have no idea! Relaxing hopefully. All this wedding stress is making me nuts.

• edited September 2013

What is the weather like by you? Hot today. It was cold the other day.

What are you most looking forward to in fall? Eh. Fall amazingly isn't my favorite season. It just so happens that our wedding is in the fall (but isn't fall-themed at all). Sometimes we go apple picking, but I doubt we'll get there this year.

Do you like pumpkin (you know foods/drinks)? Not really. I'll eat it, but I haven't had anything pumpkin flavored yet.

What are your plans this weekend? Survive. In all seriousness, my family is going out to dinner at the restaurant portion of of reception venue to celebrate my and my mother's birthdays. FI is going on his bachelor party. We also might be moving some furniture into our new house, and I will be cleaning it since the painters are done painting.

Favorite Holiday and why? Christmas. Easy answer, but I really like Christmas.

Do you hand out candy for Trick or Treating? Yes. And, in our new house, the neighbor traditionally has a very large halloween display, so I'm sure we will get a lot of trick or treaters because of that.

Can you believe September is almost done? No. Crazy. I can't believe this entire year is almost done.

How many days to you have off before/after the wedding? 1.5 days before. Possibly taking the Monday off after our Saturday wedding. Leaving for our honeymoon Thursday for 1 week.

What will you be doing with all your time after the wedding? Not sure! I'm not busier now due to wedding related activities - so that isn't that big of a deal. Decorating for the holidays in our new home??

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• What is the weather like by you?

It's RAINING!!  In Austin, Texas, mid/late September it's RAINING and COOL!!!  *does happy dance*  And this rain is supposed to last through mid-day tomorrow!!  *does more happy dancing*

The wedding is rather obvious. 

I look forward to the temps cooling down so I can spend more time at the barn riding and enjoying my horses instead of getting out of bed before sun up and packing it in before noon because I'm drenched in sweat.

Pumpkin pie is the capacity of my enjoyment of pumpkin flavored items.

My bridal shower is tomorrow, to be followed by the dress fitting that my seamstress cancelled on me on (miscommunication, but OH SO frustrating).  Sunday I'm going riding!  Well, weather and mud permitting.

Halloween.
    Because I can dress up in a costume and be someone besides "me" for a day! 
    Plus CANDY!!!!

I'm out there trick or treating!!  Well, I used to until the last few years when my kid got too old for it.  This year, Halloween falls on a Thursday?  I'm going to try and get my old man to go out with me for the evening!  HOLLAH!!!

Did you HAVE to remind me?  :p

Currently on my boss' calendar; 3.  Friday, Monday, Tuesday.  I'm kicking around an additional day, but we'll see.

Relaxing?  Sleeping, and visiting out of town family/guests.  I WILL do something FUN, damnit.  :p

• What is the weather like by you?  Rainy and hot-ish (to me anything above 70* is hot because I'm a huge wimp with hot weather, I love the cold)

What are you most looking forward to in fall?   having our anniversary be in fall after the wedding! pumpkin everything, pretty leaves, sweater weather, hot chocolate

Do you like pumpkin (you know foods/drinks)?   love it!!! give me pumpkin anything!

What are your plans this weekend?   wedding stuff (finishing seating chart, bringing the venue some items they need to give the cake baker, getting programs made), and sleeping, it's been a sleep-deprived week and I desperately need to catch up!

Favorite Holiday and why?  Christmas, I love getting gifts for people, the music, the coziness, spending time with family!

Do you hand out candy for Trick or Treating?   yes, although last year we were living in a house set so far back from the street that literally not one person came to our door and we STILL have candy left over!

Can you believe September is almost done?   no and I'm freaking out!! Can't believe the big day is in exactly 2 weeks!

How many days to you have off before/after the wedding?   2 days before, then Sat, Sun, and Mon after

What will you be doing with all your time after the wedding?   on Sat we will be coming home and spending the day here relaxing, Sunday we're headed to a waterpark resort hotel for the night (I won a radio contest for a free 1 night stay), then Monday coming back here again to chill before we both head back to work on Tuesday. AHH I'm so excited!!

@shaylagirl, how many/what kind of horses do you have? Do you mostly ride English or Western style? For fun or do you show? I am so jealous! Lol I used to ride but am not really supposed to anymore due to a back injury.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What are you most looking forward to in fall? Cooler weather

Do you like pumpkin (you know foods/drinks)? Yes love a pumpkin coffee, but oddly don't like a pumpkin spice latte I'm weird lol

What are your plans this weekend? Bachelorette party Saturday and recovery Sunday. We also have to go to costco and get all our drinks Sunday.

Favorite Holiday and why? BLACK FRIDAY (does that count as a holiday?, lol). I actually love Halloween, thanksgiving & Christmas equally.

Do you hand out candy for Trick or Treating? Oh yes, we even have left a 20 gallon bucket full out in the porch one year when we couldn't be home!

Can you believe September is almost done? No, totally freaked out!

How many days to you have off before/after the wedding? 3.5 days before then back to work that Monday then we leave for our honeymoon October 19th for 7 nights

What will you be doing with all your time after the wedding? Cleaning my house, working on some home projects that we've kept putting off, getting back on track with some health things & hopefully between January & April making a baby!
  • edited September 2013

What is the weather like by you? Right now its low 70s and sunny.  Starting to get cool!

What are you most looking forward to in fall? Leaves changing, making chili, GETTING MARRIED!

Do you like pumpkin (you know foods/drinks)? Love my Shipyard Pumpkin!

What are your plans this weekend? Last night I threw my FI a 30th birthday party, today is my bachelorette party!!!

Favorite Holiday and why? Xmas Eve (I consider it a holiday). Thats when my family celebrates Xmas. 

Do you hand out candy for Trick or Treating? Yes

Can you believe September is almost done? NO but it makes me happy!

How many days to you have off before/after the wedding? Getting married the 12th, so I am off the 11-22.  Tough to take a lot of days off of school!

What will you be doing with all your time after the wedding? focusing on work.. those kids aint gunna learn themselves ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

a little warmer than fall weather.  75, sunny with a cool breeze.

besides getting married. all the fun fall things: corn mazes, apply picking,fairs, wearing my boots!  lol

I am not sure about ACTUAL pumpkin but yes I got very excited a few weeks ago when starbucks brought back the pumpkin spice!  I also love pumpkin beer, donuts and muffins.

on call,  boo.  At least it will be on my paycheck right before the wedding!  So I went to bodypump this morning and now just finishing up wedding things.

christmas eve.  We see lots of family that day.  I just find it more special than actual Christmas.

not a ton of kids in our area.  I tried it one year and we only got like 6  kids lol

Yay!

I took a total of two weeks off.  That was the most work would allow.  I took off the wed,thurs and friday before the wedding.  Then I took two days to recover once we come home from the honeymoon.

saving to buy a house LOL it's never going to end.  

Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket

To cold for me. Its in the 50-60s

my wedding

pumpkin foods but not drinks

I had my bachelorette party saturday

christmas is my favorite it was always a time my family could get together and enjoy each others company

yes I love seeing all the kids in their costumes

no it went by waaay to fast

4 days before and like a week after

recovering from all the wedding around my wedding. 

• @jessyk1065 - 2 horses; an Arabian and a Paso Fino.  I just trail ride, but am looking to finish tuning up my Paso to do Competitive Trail, or potentially Endurance. 

If you have back issues, you could try out a gaited horse (I'm partial to the Paso Fino *g*).  My ex, who bought me my horses, actually broke his back in High School, so he couldn't sit a trot, so we started researching gaited horses.  And, since he grew up in South America (Paraguay), we were drawn to one of 3 breeds; Paso Fino, Peruvian Paso and the Mangalarga Marchador (they're all Spanish horses).  Just tossing it out there.  ;)
  • What is the weather like by you? GORGEOUS!! Upper sixties with a nice breeze :)

What are you most looking forward to in fall? Everything fall! It's my FAVORITE season.  The wedding too of course.

Do you like pumpkin (you know foods/drinks)? Only really like pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin whoopie pies/roll and pumpkin seeds.

What are your plans this weekend? Bachelorette Party/Bridal Shower!

Favorite Holiday and why? THANKSGIVING - family, food and football - 

Do you hand out candy for Trick or Treating? We never have before because we lived in an apartment complex with no kids and a locked door so we didn't get many. One year our doorbell rang and it was two older kids that didn't look like they were looking to trick or treat so we told them to leave - we didn't have any candy. This year we might though being in the house and all...

Can you believe September is almost done? NO

How many days to you have off before/after the wedding? Two days off before - three weeks off after! Longest vacation ever...

What will you be doing with all your time after the wedding - same as I'm doing now. I haven't really let my wedding consume my life so I'm happy with that.  I guess the nice thing will be saving money!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards