Nevada-Las Vegas

Wicked Spoon Las Vegas

Hi All,

I was thinking about renting the private room at the Wicked Spoon in the Cosmopolitan. Anyone have any experience with them?

Julie

Re: Wicked Spoon Las Vegas

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wicked-spoon-las-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a4a464e2-e723-479e-b1b0-61de53ab640aPost:571acca5-7af8-4fa9-9845-7ed890569851">Re: Wicked Spoon Las Vegas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's a review: <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_well-thats-done">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_well-thats-done</a> and scouting trip: <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_scouting-trip-review-cake-tasting-at-wicked-spoon-the-cosmopolitan-silver-sky-chapel-imperial-palace">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_scouting-trip-review-cake-tasting-at-wicked-spoon-the-cosmopolitan-silver-sky-chapel-imperial-palace</a>
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

we are renting the private room. There is a f&b minimum. ours if $1500 for three hours but its also on a wednesday. a weekend will be higher. We are doing drinks by consumption instead of a drink package. You can have music from an ipod dock but no dj and there is no dancefloor. We were going to do a first dance but arent using an ipod dock anymore since im sure they have music playing already.

You can still rent uplighting and other wedding-y stuff if you want. If you want to go in the room early to set up anything extra like centerpeices and stuff, youll have to pay an additional $150. you have to pay the $150 if you want the staff to set up for you. You also have to drop your stuff off you want set up the day of the wedding, you cant drop it off a day prior or anything. The $150 set up fee and having to drop the stuff off the day of the wedding is the reason we decided not to do anything extra like centerpeices and all that.

Theres a review a few post down, evilicious just had her reception there but she didnt have the private room.

They do wedding cakes there that will apply to yourf&b minimum and you cant bring in any outside cake, but evilicious said her cake fed a lot of people and she had a lot leftover
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wicked-spoon-las-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a4a464e2-e723-479e-b1b0-61de53ab640aPost:269e1641-0234-4ce8-aed4-b74baa92398d">Re: Wicked Spoon Las Vegas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wicked Spoon Las Vegas : we are renting the private room. There is a f&b minimum. ours if $1500 for three hours but its also on a wednesday. a weekend will be higher. We are doing drinks by consumption instead of a drink package. You can have music from an ipod dock but no dj and there is no dancefloor. We were going to do a first dance but arent using an ipod dock anymore since im sure they have music playing already. You can still rent uplighting and other wedding-y stuff if you want. If you want to go in the room early to set up anything extra like centerpeices and stuff, youll have to pay an additional $150. you have to pay the $150 if you want the staff to set up for you. You also have to drop your stuff off you want set up the day of the wedding, you cant drop it off a day prior or anything. The $150 set up fee and having to drop the stuff off the day of the wedding is the reason we decided not to do anything extra like centerpeices and all that. Theres a review a few post down, evilicious just had her reception there but she didnt have the private room. They do wedding cakes there that will apply to yourf&b minimum and you cant bring in any outside cake, but evilicious said her cake fed a lot of people and she had a lot leftover
    Posted by gnc0988[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>my date is also a wednesday (mar 26 2014) and was quoted $2500 f&b minimum and for 2 hours only. each additional hour is $1000! i hope you don't mind me asking, is it $38pp for you?
    I'm not happy :\ gonna ask them about this... I'm glad I saw your post!</div>
    Our wedding day also marks our 11th anniversary of being together :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wicked-spoon-las-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a4a464e2-e723-479e-b1b0-61de53ab640aPost:79ce0b09-ffc2-492e-92d0-77e944571902">Re: Wicked Spoon Las Vegas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wicked Spoon Las Vegas : my date is also a wednesday (mar 26 2014) and was quoted $2500 f&b minimum and for 2 hours only. each additional hour is $1000! i hope you don't mind me asking, is it $38pp for you? I'm not happy :\ gonna ask them about this... I'm glad I saw your post!
    Posted by vvn1217[/QUOTE]

<div>Sent you a message about my quote</div>
  • If you don't have large number of people and not gonna do the traditional reception (dancing and music), in my opinion no need to rent the private room. We had our reception last week on Thursday in the main dining room. 18 people, f&b was $740. We got the cake from them. I told the pastry chef for 20 people but the cake was huge and it was only $170. It got applied to our f&b as well. We got to do the cake cutting and toasts without interruptions from other guests. You can see my review few posts down below and the cake picture at the non professional pic thread.

I highly recommend Wicked spoon, all my guests raved that it's the best buffet they ever had. Let me know if you need help. I don't check my pm much, just let me know if you send me one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wicked-spoon-las-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a4a464e2-e723-479e-b1b0-61de53ab640aPost:9f64a3cf-fa99-428f-91cd-68caa5cc0551">Re: Wicked Spoon Las Vegas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wicked Spoon Las Vegas : Sent you a message about my quote
    Posted by jujut79[/QUOTE]

<div>got it! :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wicked-spoon-las-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a4a464e2-e723-479e-b1b0-61de53ab640aPost:19f25e9f-2507-4b63-9530-6d0c26d3cf66">Re: Wicked Spoon Las Vegas</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you don't have large number of people and not gonna do the traditional reception (dancing and music), in my opinion no need to rent the private room. We had our reception last week on Thursday in the main dining room. 18 people, f&b was $740. We got the cake from them. I told the pastry chef for 20 people but the cake was huge and it was only $170. It got applied to our f&b as well. We got to do the cake cutting and toasts without interruptions from other guests. You can see my review few posts down below and the cake picture at the non professional pic thread. I highly recommend Wicked spoon, all my guests raved that it's the best buffet they ever had. Let me know if you need help. I don't check my pm much, just let me know if you send me one.
    Posted by eviliciouz[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>i know.. I may have to go with the main dining room. I didn't even plan on getting a cake because I know there's so much food and the dessert bar is awesome! </div><div>I'm so glad that it worked out so well for you! and thank you! I will go stalk your other posts now haha!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi has anybody else had any experience of using the private room recently?
  • In Response to Re: Wicked Spoon Las Vegas:

In Response to Re: Wicked Spoon Las Vegas : we are renting the private room. There is a f&b minimum. ours if $1500 for three hours but its also on a wednesday. a weekend will be higher. We are doing drinks by consumption instead of a drink package. You can have music from an ipod dock but no dj and there is no dancefloor. We were going to do a first dance but arent using an ipod dock anymore since im sure they have music playing already. You can still rent uplighting and other wedding-y stuff if you want. If you want to go in the room early to set up anything extra like centerpeices and stuff, youll have to pay an additional $150. you have to pay the $150 if you want the staff to set up for you. You also have to drop your stuff off you want set up the day of the wedding, you cant drop it off a day prior or anything. The $150 set up fee and having to drop the stuff off the day of the wedding is the reason we decided not to do anything extra like centerpeices and all that. Theres a review a few post down, evilicious just had her reception there but she didnt have the private room. They do wedding cakes there that will apply to yourf&b minimum and you cant bring in any outside cake, but evilicious said her cake fed a lot of people and she had a lot leftover
    Posted by gnc0988

my date is also a wednesday (mar 26 2014) and was quoted $2500 f&b minimum and for 2 hours only. each additional hour is $1000! i hope you don't mind me asking, is it $38pp for you?
    I'm not happy :\ gonna ask them about this... I'm glad I saw your post!

Mine is also on a Wednesday (July, 23) the min for private room for me was $2000. It is affected by not only the day of the week but also how by they think they will be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards