Chit Chat

80 days can we really pull it off?

Good Morning Ryan and I was going to go to vegas and get married but yesterday we changed our plans and now we want a wedding here in our home town, we only have 80 days to plan everything, we are thinking of a good winter wedding theme that would be cute and different, anyone have any ideas? can we really pull it off?

Re: 80 days can we really pull it off?

• I have no ideas, but my best friend got engaged, planned a wedding and had it in about 3 months.  It is possible, but you may need to be a bit more flexible in vendors, since the ones you want may already be booked up.  Start with venue and other big important things and go from there.  Happy planning!!

• If you're flexible about vendors, I think you could pull it off. Instead of a "theme," I'd use touches like evergreen branches and holly berries - if you're willing to get fake ones, I know that Thanksgiving evening, Michaels has really good sales.
  • WonderRedWonderRed member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited September 2013
    We're at the tail end of a  four month engagement,  July 4 - November 2.  We have 40 days to go from today and I'm pretty much just sitting around, twiddling my thumbs and waiting to know the final head count so I can finish the seating chart.  Everything else is done. There have been no issues for us.  Just know that if you do this you need to make your decisions and not look back.  You don't have time for second guessing.  

Good luck!

ETA:  One of the big life savers for us was that we booked a high end restaurant that has the space for ceremonies on the grounds and in private dining rooms.  It was a one stop deal for ceremony, reception, food & drink which save a huge amount of time and headache.
  • I knew someone who pulled together a wedding in about 2 months. They got great deals by booking last minute with vendors who otherwise wouldn't have had an event that day. They did a weekday wedding though (Monday I think)
  • My friend did it.  It was the only wedding I have been invited to where the STD was done via text and the invitiation that arrived in the mail listed the RSVP as via phone. 

• Just get busy now, we had a year and a half engagement but didn't really start major planning till late just because we weren't sure what our financial position was going to be (FI was changing jobs).  If you're flexible with vendors like the others said, you probably will be fine.  Get on booking  your venue as quickly as you can.  It also depends on if you're doing a lot of DIY stuff or not.  80  days goes by fast.  Also, the simpler you keep everything, the easier it will be to get it done.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards