Missouri-St Louis

Bach Party Ideas in St. Louis?

Ok, Sorry I hate to repeat, but I've been through 7 pages of posts and can't find one like this so here goes:

My MOH and another BM that are planning have asked me what I want to do! Honestly I haven't been out partying with the girls since I met my fiancée, so I want to go have a great time! I don't want it to be a total drunken fest, or really anything like strippers or anything but a really good bar that's not too smoky. The only thing that is coming to my head is Jive and Wail. I've been there twice & had a great time but I wanted to do something else also either before or after to spice it up a bit. Everyone is over 21 (that is the common problem I'm seeing). And most people are in my same shoes, are stuck in the rut of family life & want to get out & have a good time (but still have to be conscious in the morning) we're all pushing 30. Also I'm allergic to beer (mixed drinks are my friend) so I don't tend to like the bar hopping thing. I know my friend, & I have all the Penis straws and silly games ahead of me which I'm looking forward to,  so I don't want to go somewhere where we will offend other people (like at a restaurant w/ families w/ kids or older folks)
Any ideas for places in the St. Louis area would be great! thanks.

Re: Bach Party Ideas in St. Louis?

• edited December 2011
    Ok, Sorry I hate to repeat, but I've been through 7 pages of posts and can't find one like this so here goes:

My MOH and another BM that are planning have asked me what I want to do! Honestly I haven't been out partying with the girls since I met my fiancée, so I want to go have a great time! I don't want it to be a total drunken fest, or really anything like strippers or anything but a really good bar that's not too smoky. The only thing that is coming to my head is Jive and Wail. I've been there twice & had a great time but I wanted to do something else also either before or after to spice it up a bit. Everyone is over 21 (that is the common problem I'm seeing). And most people are in my same shoes, are stuck in the rut of family life & want to get out & have a good time (but still have to be conscious in the morning) we're all pushing 30. Also I'm allergic to beer (mixed drinks are my friend) so I don't tend to like the bar hopping thing. I know my friend, & I have all the Penis straws and silly games ahead of me which I'm looking forward to,  so I don't want to go somewhere where we will offend other people (like at a restaurant w/ families w/ kids or older folks)
    Any ideas for places in the St. Louis area would be great! thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    You should post this on the St. Louis board.....look to the left and click the link on "Local Wedding Boards" you'll find it there. This is an international board, and I could tell you where to go in Cincinnati, but not St Louis.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    oops, I thought I was there,Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    Also for any general Ideas of types of places or things to do not specific to St. Louis, Sorry about that! Also Jive & Wail is a piano bar.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm am not a fan of Jive and Wail, though it is a hot spot for bachelorette parties.  So if you've been there a few times and you like it, then go for it.  Another fun place might be Double D's in Brentwood or Carson's in Soulard (karaoke bars).  The library annex by SLU is fun for late night dancing, but it's a college-aged crowd.  Mandarin in CWE is more upscale but would also be a fun option.  I don't think I've ever been to a bar in St. Louis that doesn't serve mixed drinks, so I don't think you'll have any problems there. 

As for restaurants to start out at, I would probably do something like Miso on Meramec, Roxanne's, Lucas Park, Mosaic, or something like that.  If you're looking for something cheaper, Bar Louie in CWE would be good.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd do dinner at Sub-Zero in the Central West End (this is a sushi/ gourmet burger/vodka bar and has literally thousands of vodkas and does their own infusions which are amazing), then head to Bar Louie (somewhat rowdy/ well attended and a fun place to do all of the bach party "games") and then finish at Mandarin (email to get on the guest list in advance) 

or 

go downtown to Miso (sushi) or Copia (contemporary food and wine bar with full alcohol license)  on Washington Ave for dinner and then the Dubliner and a club on the same street (there's one in the building across the street from Copia- not Washington, the other street, but they have changed the name since I moved last year).  
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards