October 2013 Weddings
Options

Room Block Filled

This is more of an "expression of worry" - but I just found out from one of my guest's that our room block is filled (it closes tomorrow). I have contacted the hotel to see if they will provide more rooms - but I'm thinking that isn't going to happy unfortunately. Here's to hoping they can find a few rooms for us...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Room Block Filled

• Options
    Mine closes tomorrow too and is almost full.  I reached out to the hotel and they said they could add more rooms to the block.  If your hotel can't, try to find a second hotel.  If it's too late for that, then I wouldn't worry about it and let guests find their own accommodations.  There was no way you would have been able to predict how many guests needed rooms.  Also, it's not your fault that guests didn't book earlier.  If they had, you could have contacted the hotel sooner.
  • Options
    we didnt do room blocks. and to be honest it was one less thing i had to deal with. there are MORE then enough hotels in the area that i live so i am sure people were able to find something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @joellennitsche The purpose of doing a room block isn't just to help them find a hotel to stay in but the hotel usually gives discounts for your guests when you do a block. For instance, the hotel my guests are staying at are getting a discounted rate of $89, the regular rate is $119. The parking rate is also cut in half. 
  • Options
    I spoke to the woman I've been working with and she said that she will add more up until our deadline tomorrow or until the hotel reaches capacity - PHEW. Now I'm just trying to give everyone the heads up.  I'll be glad when this week is over.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @rhawndas - yeah we got a discount as well - what would normally be $140 - we got for $109.  There are hotels nearby - but a lot of them are seasonal (since it is a shore town) and the others that aren't are much more expensive. So hopefully this works out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad they are adding. My hotel told me to start the block with a low number and then the Colt's football schedule came out. Guess what day Peyton Manning Returns to Indianapolis?!?! So we now have no more rooms in the block. :o(
  • Options
    I need to check on mine!!!  She said the offer would be in place until the hotel reaches 70% capacity.  So I spread the word that everyone should make their reservations early.  I need to see what is left!  Thank you for the post!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Options
    @ErindandJohnH - that is awful :(

@Rustytammy - I hope you have better luck than me.

I'm now being told by my guests who attempted to book this weekend (when I KNOW there were three rooms left) that they were told by the staff that the block had been filled! This is silly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @schellzinator the hotel should be able to tell you who has booked rooms in your block. I get an updated list of guests if I request it. You should call to make sure they didn't book random people on your block.
  • Options
    @schellzinator ~ I had that problem a few months ago!  One of the guests told me that they were told by the hotel that there were only 5 rooms left.  I called the hotel and only 3 rooms had been booked!!!!  It's like they just don't know what they are doing!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Options
    @rhawndas - I've been getting regular updates and I thought I was on the ball. :( However, my guests weren't telling me that they were being told it was full until now when I'm following up with them. 

@rustytammy - I don't think they do know what they are doing unfortunately...

I've sent a message to the hotel addressing my concerns:

"I've spoken to a few of my guests and I'm a bit concerned. As of yesterday, we had 26 rooms filled on our block of 29.  I just spoke to two of my guests who attempted to book on Sunday and they told me that they were informed the room block at been filled. One ended up booking a room anyway - while the other did not.

I'm thinking this may have happened to a few more of our guests - as we followed up with everyone on Friday.  Is there a way that a) we can get him added to the block and b) figure out if this has happened to any more of our guests?"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @schellzinator ~ THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! For posting this!!!!  I called the hotel and they are only showing 7 reservations, including ours.  People who I know made reservations, i.e. my parents, are not even showing up!  So now I have to quickly spread the word to book today or tomorrow or else they won't get in the block!!  UGH!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Options
    Our room block ended on the 19th and I'm making arrangements with the hotel to extend to 10/1.  There are a lot of FI's friends who have not booked a room but I know they plan to.  I want to make sure they get the reduced rate.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @rustytammy - what I'm THINKING might be the problem is people made reservations online - even though instructions were to call in to get the block. That does,t explain the front desk telling people it's closed. But hopefully I will hear back tomorrow from my POC at the hotel. At the end of the day I know it will get fixed :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards