Moms and Maids

WW Fail - Bride hissyfit about BM

Just stumbled on this on Wedding Wire (I was over there for some laughs). I was appauled to say the least. But really, do we expect anything less from WW?
http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/yeah-want-to-punch-and-scream/be8abcae85d382c5.html

Re: WW Fail - Bride hissyfit about BM

• Oh brother... First of all, I never understand how people think that BMs should do more than show up in the dress on time and sober. The BRIDE is supposed to be honoring THEM by giving them an honorary title - not the other way around. It's like they use their wedding as an excuse to expect people to pour over them, spend money on them, and bend over backwards for the duration of their engagement. And second of all, WTF!!! this woman has 6 step kids and one on the way plus money issues. If I were her, doing something spontaneous like going on a road trip and out to eat with my husband would be a relief from the concerns of daily life. 

Instead of talking her friend through this stressful time in her life, this bride is all "but she's supposed to spend her money on ME! It's MY bachelorette and I did a lot for her wedding. How could she do this to ME?" Seriously? Get over yourself (general). If this is your biggest worry, relish in your easy street life or find a damn hobby.
    *********************************************************************************

• southernbelle0915 said:
    Oh brother... First of all, I never understand how people think that BMs should do more than show up in the dress on time and sober. The BRIDE is supposed to be honoring THEM by giving them an honorary title - not the other way around. It's like they use their wedding as an excuse to expect people to pour over them, spend money on them, and bend over backwards for the duration of their engagement. And second of all, WTF!!! this woman has 6 step kids and one on the way plus money issues. If I were her, doing something spontaneous like going on a road trip and out to eat with my husband would be a relief from the concerns of daily life. 

Instead of talking her friend through this stressful time in her life, this bride is all "but she's supposed to spend her money on ME! It's MY bachelorette and I did a lot for her wedding. How could she do this to ME?" Seriously? Get over yourself (general). If this is your biggest worry, relish in your easy street life or find a damn hobby.
    My thoughts exactly on all of this. If I were a member I would have commented "Are you f-ing kidding me? She is allowed to have a life outside of YOUR HIGHNESS"  This attitude just sucks. She sounded like a whiny baby, and got exactly what she wanted, a bunch of other princesses fawning over her. 
  • My favorite response was the one that the bride was mad at her BM for not being able to join them for their wedding WEEK!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The comments on page 2 got even worse..."People ALWAYS have money for that which they decide is a priority."  and my personal fave "I am a smart ass but I would message her on facebook and say something like:
    "I just realized that perhaps being in my wedding and the commitments that involves is too much for you right now. If you need to step down due to financial reasons I would understand". 
     Then if she has the guts to take you up on it, on facebook where she posts stuff that makes it obvious that she is not as financially hardup as she likes to say she is then you know where you stand. If she doesnt take you up on it and she is smart she will figure out that you know that she does have the money and just doesnt want to be a part of it."

Too much Derp in one post for me!
  • Yesterday I headed back over to that post and the shit really hit the fan. Apparently some people tried to get the bride to realize she was being a terrible friend, and they all got the people blocked and called them meanies. Hilarious!
  • Those women are awful. OP's title pretty much sums up her maturity level (something about kicking and screaming?).

Anniversary

• This comment was my favorite (bottom of p. 3):

Michelle - it is YOUR day...you are paying for your guests so why the heck shouldn't you do what you want? Maybe you should take your etiquette back to TK...they will appreciate it more over there...at WW we like to do what we want

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • Just stumbled on this on Wedding Wire (I was over there for some laughs). I was appauled to say the least. But really, do we expect anything less from WW?
    http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/yeah-want-to-punch-and-scream/be8abcae85d382c5.html

I just read the forums, but maybe I'm missing something? Wedding Wire & The Knot are the two sites I go to look up for help or to do research, I haven't seen anything to make either one better than the other. If anything I've had the bad experience on The Knot (nothing to do with etiquette questions), I was just wondering what you meant? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Generally WW will approve of any idea, no matter how rude it is to people around the bride, whereas TK will remind people that they shouldn't be rude to their wedding party, guests, etc.
  • Generally WW will approve of any idea, no matter how rude it is to people around the bride, whereas TK will remind people that they shouldn't be rude to their wedding party, guests, etc.
    Exactly this. In their etiquette section particularly, a bride will bring up a really rude idea and the other will all chime in about how it's okay, because "it's your special day". If anyone actually brings up etiquette they gang up on them, report their posts and say they're being mean. It is the most ridiculous thing.
  • Ah okay. I try not to take anything on here personally, when I find out something that I thought was "okay" or "normal" because everybody seems to do it, doesn't mean etiquette wise, it's correct. 

That's why I lurk most of the time in etiquette forums. I don't usually answer because I don't want to be yelled at because I don't know if I'm wrong or not. I was ganged up on here once but it was because of how I used something in a sentence....

Anyways, thank you for explaining ladies. I believe the it's your day thing, but I also believe it doesn't give you the excuse to be rude and do "anything & everything" you want. There are limitations. 

For the BM "duties" comments - please don't yell at me but I didn't know until I started researching about weddings and planning. From all my friends and family, I was raised believing the bridal party was meant to help out. I did not know it WASN'T required. No one ever taught me other wise. All the weddings I've seen my friends & family plan, everyone had a job or task if you were in the bridal party. The BP never complained at least out loud that I know of, so I thought this was normal. 

I do believe there is such a thing as going over board & I know the BP is not to be your slaves, but I always thought they were suppose to be helpers. I now know better, but for ones like me, if no one tells you otherwise or that's all you've ever seen when others around you do it, how are we suppose to know that this is wrong? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards