Wedding Etiquette Forum

Became a member and got my first warning all in one day

I got my first warning today. And I became an official member. What? I've technically been on this site for 4 years (joined thebump when I was pregnant with #1 but never really did anything with the site until this past February/March). Why am I only a member now? Just confused, that's all. Silly question of the night :-)

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

Re: Became a member and got my first warning all in one day

• acove2006 said:

I got my first warning today. And I became an official member. What? I've technically been on this site for 4 years (joined thebump when I was pregnant with #1 but never really did anything with the site until this past February/March). Why am I only a member now? Just confused, that's all. Silly question of the night :-)

What does it mean to become an "official member?" What changed?

And what thread did the warning come from?

Anniversary

• acove2006 said:

Did you use the "F" word in your post?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Warned about what?!  Being too logical?!

It seems members are those of us who have been here, as they are now making newbies wait a couple days before posting. Here's to hoping they spend those days lurking a bit.  
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/996533/promoted-to-member#latest Everyone's going to be a "member" after two days of belonging to TK, apparently. 
  • acove2006 said:

Yes, I did actually. I thought swearing was allowed?

As for the member thing, A notification popped up saying "congrats for being promoted to member!" It just confused the hell out of me.

• I got a notification 2 hours ago that I've been promoted to member. As far as I know, I've been a member for months.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AddieL73 said:
    Warned about what?!  Being too logical?!

It seems members are those of us who have been here, as they are now making newbies wait a couple days before posting. Here's to hoping they spend those days lurking a bit.  

wishful thinking.....

• acove2006 said:

Can you get a warning for using the F word? Holy f&#%!!!!!!

@acove2006 - don't worry. I got a warning when some lady literally told me not to procreate on my "they knew and they did it anyway" thread and I said something like "if she acts like this IRL, her FDIL is in for more than she realizes." Yea, it's totally ridiculous. Here's to being 20% toward getting banned!! 
    *********************************************************************************

• Since when is saying fuck warn-worthy? Did I miss another crop of rainbows growing in this joint?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieL73 said:
    Since when is saying fuck warn-worthy? Did I miss another crop of rainbows growing in this joint?
    I don't fucking think using the word fuck is now a fucking warnable offense.  Rather, I think @acove2006's fucking post as a whole rubbed someone the wrong fucking way and thus she got a warning.

And, yes, there was a full moon and a lot of snowflakes and glitterati sprouted.  . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I thought it said somewhere that "No, you won't get banned for swearing.  This forum is for adults" or something...
  • Ahhhh, I see. 

• acove2006 said:

Can you get a warning for using the F word? Holy f&#%!!!!!!

@acove2006 - don't worry. I got a warning when some lady literally told me not to procreate on my "they knew and they did it anyway" thread and I said something like "if she acts like this IRL, her FDIL is in for more than she realizes." Yea, it's totally ridiculous. Here's to being 20% toward getting banned!! 

shawn! *drool*

Cheers to 20%! It almost makes me feel like a regular now!

• AddieL73 said:
    Since when is saying fuck warn-worthy? Did I miss another crop of rainbows growing in this joint?
    I don't fucking think using the word fuck is now a fucking warnable offense.  Rather, I think @acove2006's fucking post as a whole rubbed someone the wrong fucking way and thus she got a warning.

And, yes, there was a full moon and a lot of snowflakes and glitterati sprouted.  . .

Yeah, it was the "STB Mother in Law Problems" or something thread. I'd paraphrase but I'd probably get warned for that too.

• acove2006 said:
    AddieL73 said:

Yeah, it was the "STB Mother in Law Problems" or something thread. I'd paraphrase but I'd probably get warned for that too.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

You mentioned the name of the thread!  That's like direct linking!!  I think your 2nd warning is inc.

• I just got one of these notifications too.
  • I got the same notification!   DH and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary last month. 

Maybe I'll find some overdue response cards from our wedding in the mailbox today too!  
  • Glad I'm not the only one who got totally confused by that notification - I was pretty sure I became a member when, you know, I set up an account...
  • I didn't get one. Am I getting banned? I have been bitchy lately.

Anniversary

• I didn't get one. Am I getting banned? I have been bitchy lately.
  • I got one of those notifications too! 

I've had an account for a while (made one when helping a bridezilla of a friend with planning her wedding last year) but only started posting these last few weeks - now it's time to plan *my* wedding! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • casey8784 said:
    I got one of those notifications too! 

I've had an account for a while (made one when helping a bridezilla of a friend with planning her wedding last year) but only started posting these last few weeks - now it's time to plan *my* wedding! ;)
    Congratulations!

Anniversary

• I'm also an official member! woohoo!
  • I got mine today too after 2 years as a (lurking) member. I had no idea I wasn't a member before but I am feeling honored 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• acove2006 said:
    AddieL73 said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

You mentioned the name of the thread!  That's like direct linking!!  I think your 2nd warning is inc.
    whoopsie ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards