Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Save the Dates

Hi girls, We are looking at save the dates and I wanted to know what creative ideas everybody had for theirs!

Re: Save the Dates

• We put a lot of work into our wedding website and then sent save the date emails with links to it for family.  We weren't sure what our final guest list was going to be so we told friends later via word of mouth.  Since you have to send invitations to everyone that gets a save the date we wanted to be cautious.
  • We're using our dog, actually, in something that ends up looking a lot like this. But instead of outdoor and natural, the dog is at the bottom of the steps in the lobby at the Renaissance and we're sitting slightly out-of-focus behind him several steps up. I wish I had the proof already! The inspiration is here:

We also liked this idea a lot: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/203717583116312399/

We're also going to do the traditional shots by the bridge, and maybe a trip to either Frick if the leaves are good at the end of the month. 
  • Jnissa, That dog picture is such a great idea!!! We are prob going to do something with the bridges. I am looking for a good (not too expensive) photographer who knows the city so we can get some good 'burgh' shots!
  • @ashfolio Do you have your photographer booked for your wedding yet? Most will include an engagement photo session as part of your wedding photography package. That would be a great way to get your STD pics.

I'm notsur when your wedding is, but the photogrphers book about 1-1.5 years out here. Good luck!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• @ashfolio - we researched photographers a lot, too (i like research :) ). I work in brand and marketing, so at the end of the day I ended up actually just asking the creative director at an agency we work with to do our photos BUT, if we had had to pick a photographer for engagement photos whose pittsburgh shots we love, we were going to go with Caitlin Thomas:

Good luck! I actually enjoyed the engagement photo process a lot - there's room to do something a little different and less formal than our wedding. 
  • jnissa said:
    @ashfolio - we researched photographers a lot, too (i like research :) ). I work in brand and marketing, so at the end of the day I ended up actually just asking the creative director at an agency we work with to do our photos BUT, if we had had to pick a photographer for engagement photos whose pittsburgh shots we love, we were going to go with Caitlin Thomas:

Good luck! I actually enjoyed the engagement photo process a lot - there's room to do something a little different and less formal than our wedding. 
    She books very, very quickly so I'd call her up ASASP if you are interested in her.  She was booked for October 2014 already in May of this year!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I went with Paper Snaps. I only needed 30, so it was affordable for me.
  • Since everyone coming to the wedding is from out of state, we went with vintage looking Pittsburgh post cards from Zazzle.com. You can have whatever you like printed on the back *and* it was cheaper to mail.
  • I made my own STDs by using 4x6 photo paper and on one side has a pic of fiance and I and the other says save the date and in between that it has our date in purple stamp. Then it says our names and that we're tying the knot! Then it says accommodations can be made at ____________ and our wedding website.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards