Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is a cake and punch reception acceptable?

At a 2 pm wedding?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is a cake and punch reception acceptable?

• Yes, that's fine. The ceremony is past the lunch window and before the dinner window.
  • That's what my DH and I did. We also had finger foods, though it seems like people were more about the cake that those based on our leftovers. 
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Blue_Bird said:
    Yes, that's fine. The ceremony is past the lunch window and before the dinner window.
    We've already sent out invitations but didn't specify that it would be a cake and punch reception. Would that matter?
  • I think it would be fine.  It is not in a meal time so as long as you said "reception to follow" or something on the invitation then it should be okay.  I don't anyone will be expecting a smorgasbord at 2 pm.
  • That's fine as long as it ends by 5 pm.

• Perfectly acceptable.

Anniversary

• You're perfectly fine. I wouldn't expect a meal at that time. You could do some things like cheese and crackers, veggie trays, chips and dip, finger sandwiches, or cold appetizers if you wanted to expand more, but just cake and beverages (punch, tea, coffee) is perfectly acceptable. I've been to many weddings like this.
  • IloveshanejIloveshanej member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited September 2013
    Thanks everyone! The reception will emd at 5 pm. I think we'll announce that there will be a cake and punch reception to follow. I wish we planned better so I could have included it on the invitation but 4 1/2 months to plan and a small budget didn't really give me time to think about it all.
  • missax said:

Thanks everyone! The reception will emd at 5 pm. I think we'll announce that there will be a cake and punch reception to follow. I wish we planned better so I could have included it on the invitation but 4 1/2 months to plan and a small budget didn't really give me time to think about it all.

You could spread it through word of mouth if you think your guests will assume that a full meal is being served.

Yes and most know there won't be a full meal as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards