Wedding Woes

Morning

How was the weekend?

I spent most of it annoyed.  DH and I each had a few things we wanted to do.  I took full kid duty Saturday so he could do his stuff.  Then he stayed up too late watching football.  I got up with kids and took Max to church so he could do some cooking he wanted.  Then went to the store for the stuff he forgot- MY stuff for. 

The 2 things I wanted- wander Trader Joe's and fix 6let's carseat.  DH practically ran through the store so he could get home for the Browns kickoff.  I spent the game cleaning up from his kitchen messes.  Then I tried to do the carseat.  I needed 6et, but M2 was climbing all over the van opening and closing doors.  Max was sitting at the front door looking out at us crying while H was watching more effing football and reading a book. 

He's rarely this inconsiderate.  I don't know what happened.  Plus one of the things he made is gross.  It's supposed to be some sort of cobbler, but you use donuts for the topping.  OK in theory, but it loses something when you use the hostess donettes. 

I'm still cranky.  He leaves next weekend to work outage.  I told him I'm spending part of Saturday alone and when he gets back I'm going out to eat alone.

Re: Morning

• Sorry your DH was a butt.

My weekend was pretty good.  The ILs took the kids overnight on Saturday.  We went out to eat, knocked out a few more xmas presents and rented a movie.

• Ugh.  Sorry Mr. 6 was being inconsiderate.  At least the Browns won?  ;)

We went to Knoxville to visit SIL and BIL.  The drive down sucked.  Traffic was horrible and DH was being an ass.  The boys, minus DefConn went to play tennis Sat morn.  SIL and I took DefConn and went shopping. We met the boys for lunch and then went to a lookout point over the Smokies and then to a park.  We hung out for the night.  We got up and had breakfast downtown.  We packed up, watched the first quarter of the Texans/Seahawks game and headed home. 
  • This weekend was good. On Saturday, DS and I went grocery shopping. I've started going to a new store and even though it's a farther drive were saving $20 a trip by going there so it is worth it. Came home, made apple butter (it's so good!) and worked on few things. Sunday, DH and DS worked on cleaning out the baby's room. It is all ready for us to paint and such. That's on the agenda for next weekend. I got my hospital bag mostly packed as DH has been stressing about that not being done. 8 weeks left. 4 more and she's full term. I am so ready. This week I have an ultrasound to check her growth and follow-up on some issues from last week. Despite DH telling me that I have been spending too much money lately we talked budget and he okayed a couple of bigger purchases (including a new vacuum which sadly excites me).
  • Man, 6---you're a saint for not throwing a "WTF?" party.  I think you're justified a few quiet hours and a meal or two by yourself.

Weekend was okay.  Ran the race Saturday---it was pretty difficult.  I suppose they weren't lying when they said it wasn't a fast course.  BUT, I got 3rd in my age group and a medal.  I don't care that there weren't too many racing...I'll take it.  It was a nice rainy Saturday, so I made chili and we watched football allll day.

Sunday was an early rise because I couldn't sleep any longer.  I planned on cleaning the house early and then doing a bike ride.  But BIL called and asked if we could watch his dog while they had an open house.  Then my mother called and asked if she could crash while THEY had an open house.  WHAT?!?  So I ran around, did a few things and then went on my bike ride.  Rushed home and hosted BIL's dog for nearly 3 hours...and my mom and brother for about 90 minutes.

I chose to just swallow it, and deal.  It ended up okay. 

The evening was quieter, did a few more cleaning items....sat around and watched more football. 
  • if nothing we were productive. I stocked our freezer, finished conditioning my wine, helped DK bottle his beer, and DK got his new aquarium set up and filled. He's going to run it for a couple of weeks and get a few more things (lighting/decorations) before he puts the fish in. 

I'm mourning the loss of my sectional. The best place to put the 75gal tank overlapped with the "wedge" segment - so it got moved to another room. I would have switched the couches and loveseats with the ones in the living room (so the sectional could stay together) - but I've gotten way too attached to the movie theater seating.
  • I spent Thurs - Sun. in NOLA's home town for a work conference.  We stayed near the Quarter and had a little time to get out of the hotel.  The food was delish - shrimp, dirty rice, beignets, red beans and rice, gumbo - yum!  And, of course, the hurricanes.  I got back home about 11 PM last night and got up at 5:30 - I'm tired.
  • MNN, I'm glad you got to eat good. The food is so good. I think we take it for granted, until you move.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards