Chit Chat
Options

Got a preview of what the wedding will be like.

Before we got engaged, I had planned to have a birthday party at our house for my FI's 40th birthday. We got engaged while we were in Europe so a lot of our friends hadn't seen us yet. FI's mom and brother flew up from Florida, so the birthday party seemed to turn into an engagement party too. 

Holy jeez. I was pushed and pulled every which way. Come meet this person, come meet that person. Where is this? Where is that? Did you meet so-and-so yet. At one point, I had to escape and hid out on the side of the house. This is my second wedding - I was married 10 years ago. I don't remember my first wedding being like that. Maybe because I didn't have a MIL or FIL (they had passed away). I don't know. It was just insane. There were so many people I didn't even get to talk to. 

I'm now even more convinced that during the reception, FI and I have a time to meet up by ourselves for a few minutes. 

Re: Got a preview of what the wedding will be like.

• Options

I totally get where you are coming from. I keep telling myself that it's a good thing they want me to meet everyone. If they didn't like me, they wouldn't bother.

I am an introvert so it's very exhausting for me. I drink a lot of coffee and try to find a quiet place like you did!

• Options
    That's what I kept telling myself too! It was exhausting even for an extrovert :-)
  • Options
    I was once so overwelmed that I had to camp out in the bathroom for a bit.  That's the life of an introvert.
  • Options
    I must be more introverted than I think because I've totally done that before too. 
  • Options
    My female IL's are throwing a welcome to the family luncheon for me the day before the wedding.  It will be my MIL, 3 SsIL, an Aunt, and two adult nieces.   They want me to have that meet and greet before the wedding, which I appreciate, but I'm really overwhelmed at the prospect of a "come look at WonderRed" lunch and knowing I'm going to be fielding a bunch of questions at once, as if I'm arguing before the Supreme Court or something. 
  • Options
    WonderRed said:
    My female IL's are throwing a welcome to the family luncheon for me the day before the wedding.  It will be my MIL, 3 SsIL, an Aunt, and two adult nieces.   They want me to have that meet and greet before the wedding, which I appreciate, but I'm really overwhelmed at the prospect of a "come look at WonderRed" lunch and knowing I'm going to be fielding a bunch of questions at once, as if I'm arguing before the Supreme Court or something. 
    Ugh. That does not sound fun. And arguing before the Supreme Court is a perfect description of how I felt this weekend too. People were shooting questions at me left and right, non-stop. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards