Chit Chat

NWR: Can we talk about the man cold?

Because FI has, in the last hour, decided he's dying and I think it is his mission to take me down with him. I just don't have the where-for-all  to do this this evening.

Re: NWR: Can we talk about the man cold?

• edited September 2013
    WonderRed said:
    Because FI has, in the last hour, decided he's dying and I think it is his mission to take me down with him. I just don't have the where-for-all  to do this this evening.

Oh the man cold. There's no fighting the feelings of imminent death except wine (for you).

Anniversary

• Not that it's any consolation, but it gets worse as they age. Heaven forbid you get sick!
  • WonderRedWonderRed member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited September 2013
    Not that it's any consolation, but it gets worse as they age. Heaven forbid you get sick!
    Word. We've know each other 16 years, since grad school, and he never would have done this back then.  He's presently in the bedroom with every blanket and pillow we own on top of him moaning not so softly out loud to himself. Every ten minutes or so he calls to me to adjust the blanket, get him some tums, hand him the water.  The temp is turned up to 80 degrees in the house.  I'm about to strip down and do hot yoga in the living room.  I had a crap ass day today!   Where's my poor poodle hair pats?

For better or worse, 'til death do we part... be that by man cold or being smothered in his sleep.  To our men.  And all the reasons we love them anyway.

image.

• These gifs are cracking me up. The man cold is the worst. My FI is actually the complete opposite and insists he's not sick. "Nope, my body heals itself! I'm not sick! *sneeze cough*

Can we talk about the other man disease? I believe it's called We're-Having-A-Party-So-Naturally-I-Need-To-Clean-The-Garage-And-Organize-The-Shed. Hello?! No one is looking in the garage! Go set up tables in the yard. Damn. 
  • I'm familiar with that disease, ClimbingBrideNY. BF has it all the time and then I get his colds/flus/what have you. He's getting his flu shot this year because I cannot be around Typhoid BF - it's way too early in the season and he's already cost me a day home from work.
  • Terrible Confession: FI left yesterday for a business trip.  I'm secretly excited that I don't have to hear about his sniffles as often.  He's been fighting something since last week.  He thinks it's a cold and I think he has allergies.  He insists it's not allergies since he's never had them before.  Anyway I'm hoping he comes home feeling better.  ::fingers crossed::
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I left my FI in the master bedroom while he had walking pneumonia. He had a 24 pack of water, 12 pack of gateraid and his meds. I got the couch and was healthy. I count myself lucky.
    He does have the other man disease though, Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards