Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridesmaid's Dresses - Help

Our wedding isn't until 10/2014, but a couple bridesmaids and I have found two really cute dresses.  Two of the girls are fine with the price, but the other three haven't said much about it.  The two dresses are going to be about $140 with tax, after a discount from David's Bridal.  I'm not sure where else to find dresses that would coordinate.  They don't have to be the same style, just the same color. I'm not sure what to do..

Re: Bridesmaid's Dresses - Help

• You should have talked to each of the BMs, by themselves, to discuss budget before you started looking at dresses.  If you are fine with the dresses being different as long as they are the same colour, then just tell your BMs that and let them get their own dresses.
  • Kohl95 said:
    Our wedding isn't until 10/2014, but a couple bridesmaids and I have found two really cute dresses.  Two of the girls are fine with the price, but the other three haven't said much about it.  The two dresses are going to be about $140 with tax, after a discount from David's Bridal.  I'm not sure where else to find dresses that would coordinate.  They don't have to be the same style, just the same color. I'm not sure what to do..
    I think you should wait until it gets closer to the wedding.  The other girls who haven't said much about it probably haven't because you're still a year out.  
  • If it's at David's then it doesn't matter much if you're only dictating the color. I do think it's silly to purchase dresses this far out though. Wait a while and see if they go on sale. One of mine did and she got a $159 dress for $49. Plus, bodies change. Don't order this far out.
  • Ditto Joan.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Don't buy a dress a year before the wedding!  Wait until at least 6 months out from the wedding to start looking for bridesmaid dresses.  Your ladies could gain or lose weight in the next year, or even create a human being in that time period.

• Oh no, I wasn't planning on ordering this far out. I'm just trying to get as much done as possible before everything gets crazy.
  • You're an amazing bride!  My dream is to be in a wedding where the bride says "this is the color but you don't have to wear matching dresses".  Lucky girls!  I'd wait a bit longer though, David's Bridal has a pretty big sale in Jan-Feb...

• We've having the most kickback, simplest wedding ever, so I don't want to be *that* kind of bride lol. I know I'm jumping the gun, but I like to have options and back up plans set in place.  I was able to find a dress(es) on Target's website that has all kinds of sizes.  Thanks ladies. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards