Wisconsin

Indoor Ceremony Venue Help-Madison

We are stuck looking for a new ceremony venue after our church told us we could not get married there since we live together. We don't want the ceremony to be outdoors since it will be a May wedding. The reception site is not feasible for the ceremony as well. Our guest list is about 170. Does anyone have suggestions of either a church that would allow us to be married there non-members living together or another indoor cermony site?? The reception will be in North Madison area.

Re: Indoor Ceremony Venue Help-Madison

• koepkmf21 said:
    We are stuck looking for a new ceremony venue after our church told us we could not get married there since we live together. We don't want the ceremony to be outdoors since it will be a May wedding. The reception site is not feasible for the ceremony as well. Our guest list is about 170. Does anyone have suggestions of either a church that would allow us to be married there non-members living together or another indoor cermony site?? The reception will be in North Madison area.

I'm assuming it's Catholic? If so, that's not uncommon.

Can you make an agreement with your Priest that you are both celebate until marriage? DH & I had to agree to live like "brother and sister" if we were cohabitating before marriage.

Are you able to become members at another Catholic church in your area?

• Would Gates of Heaven be big enough? That allows any denomination. The only downside - parking can be a pain.
  • itzMS- It's actually not Catholic. I too would have expected those to be the circumstances if it was a Catholic church, but it is a Protestant church. I even brought up the fact that the only reason we are living together is the fact that we can't afford to live seperate. Although I have a full time job, my fiance is finishing college and works less than 10 hours a week. There would never be any way for him to support himself. The pastor however did not sway...

We did explore other churches in our area before settling on our home church, but the others were just not a very good fit for us-especially to consider becoming members. And the others had even more of an older congregation, which would probably once again lead to a "no."
  • mrscinema- I actually did look into Gate of Heaven, but it would be just a tad too small for our guest list :(

• The Madison Club. It's exactly the right size and it is downtown.
  • I know that Pres House, Grace Episcopal Church or Luther Memorial will all marry you in their churches without you becoming a member - you just have to pay the fees. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards