Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Gifts for Mom & Dad

I thinks those frames I've seen on Etsy are really cute. The ones that have a song or something engraved in them. Example: father daugher dance song engraved with picture of you both from wedding day in it. Anybody know of anywhere else to get these besides Etsy? Or is Etsy the best place? Throw out some other gift ideas for parents while we're at it =)

Re: Gifts for Mom & Dad

• Options
    shelyg89 said:
    I thinks those frames I've seen on Etsy are really cute. The ones that have a song or something engraved in them. Example: father daugher dance song engraved with picture of you both from wedding day in it. Anybody know of anywhere else to get these besides Etsy? Or is Etsy the best place? Throw out some other gift ideas for parents while we're at it =)

Not sure about the frames.

Personally,DH & my parents didn't want any more "stuff". We just wrote them each a longish thank you note for all of the support.

We got them each an album of pictures after the wedding and also paid for prints of any images they wanted in hard copy.

Another suggestion is purchasing your parents a weekend away (to a bed and breakfast,etc) or putting together a "date night" (car service, tickets to a show, and dinner).

• Options
    itzMS said:
    shelyg89 said:

Not sure about the frames.

Personally,DH & my parents didn't want any more "stuff". We just wrote them each a longish thank you note for all of the support.

We got them each an album of pictures after the wedding and also paid for prints of any images they wanted in hard copy.

Another suggestion is purchasing your parents a weekend away (to a bed and breakfast,etc) or putting together a "date night" (car service, tickets to a show, and dinner).

I definitely want to do something with our wedding pictures. I know they would like that more than anything else. Maybe I will purchase a nice album instead of frames. Thanks
  • Options

A nice thank you note and something with pictures are great ideas.  Whether or not you get them a gift and if you do what the gifts are depends on what your parents might like.

We will be doing albums and getting them a 5x7 (plus any other prints they may want).  The 5x7 is a no brainer because my brother set the precedent of giving them a 5x7 of our immediate family plus my mom's brother and sister.  Everyone in the family got one and we still have them out 10 years later so I know they would like the complementary picture from their other child.  We will just pick out a regular frame. 

I can't remember the last time I bought either of my parents "stuff."  But "knowing my crowd" I knew stuff was perfect for a gift right before the wedding.  My mom collects select Precious Moments that have meaning to her.  They had a mother with her bride-daughter PM.  She loved it.  My dad is the only person I know that uses handkerchiefs on a regular basis.  I got him an embroidered one from Etsy and he carried it with him on my wedding day.  These just happened to be the perfect gifts for my parents.  If I hadn't thought of them I probably wouldn't have gotten them anything beyond the thank you note, pictures and album.  

• Options
    erinlin25erinlin25 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited October 2013
    I ordered those frames from etsy after the wedding-- one for my dad with our song and pictures us dancing at my cousins wedding when I was a flower girl and one of us dancing at my wedding. And then I loved it so much when it came in, I ordered another one for me and my husband with our song.  I became a fan of etsy through wedding planning, and was very happy with those purchases after the wedding as well. 

I think a nice card and pictures is really all parents want for weddings :)  For my mom and MIL, I made them a wedding album through mpix--it came out great and they loved it.

Since our gifts had to be given after the wedding, day of we still wanted to give them something so we gave our parents nice cards w/ something small each of them would enjoy (MIL: candlestick holders/candle set; my mom: a wine glass that said mother of the bride--but only because she mentioned she wanted one; we got my dad golf accessories.  I also bought my mom a really nice bracelet as an extra thank you for all she did helping me plan and she ended up wearing it at the wedding which was nice.  She wore it at my brothers wedding recently too.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards