Military Brides

New:)

13»

Re: New:)

• One of the difficult things with our wedding was that 3 of my BMs (2 sisters and my niece) and then our RB & FG are very fair, and our wedding was held in Southern California on Memorial Day weekend. They are super-squinty in almost all of our wedding photos, the poor things. You can kind of see how fair my FG is in this photo. That's what happens when my whole family is from Seattle; the Land of Perpetual Cloud Cover (except for, like, two weeks in July or August).

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:7b6a7d7f-15b2-4d2b-9b1d-1fe5695fd211">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New:) : You are wise like Yoda.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Mehgan, how come you haven't been around here more? I used to see you on E and/or SB when I was active on those boards and liked you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:ad4b396e-e124-4b7f-be1e-39d6a706d2c7">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of the difficult things with our wedding was that 3 of my BMs (2 sisters and my niece) and then our RB & FG are very fair, and our wedding was held in Southern California on Memorial Day weekend. They are super-squinty in almost all of our wedding photos, the poor things. You can kind of see how fair my FG is in this photo. That's what happens when my whole family is from Seattle; the Land of Perpetual Cloud Cover (except for, like, two weeks in July or August).

The two red heads are of course very fair however growing up on the south their skin had been "southerfied" and we got married at 5:30 p.m. and there was a little cloud cover to is work.  I think every one got more wind burned then sun burned. 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:48b71495-c578-46df-90d3-9233bca00d96">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New:) : Wow...I'm the one who should get the thick skin and yet when I say I don't like red in weddings this is the reaction?  I also don't like a huge wedding party.  Is this yours too?  I don't like red...I'm not using it.  You like red...it's what you're going with.  Yay!  People said they didn't like my colors...I kept goin. Gold star for your military fiance efforts:)  You hadn't posted in here, so my comment wasn't aimed at you:)
    Posted by Anastasia723[/QUOTE]

Actually I was the first person to wish you luck with planning your VR. 
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:ff9fcb2e-c9c9-47a0-a8a3-c85475674c7f">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New:) : Mehgan, how come you haven't been around here more? I used to see you on E and/or SB when I was active on those boards and liked you!
    Posted by BinxRose[/QUOTE]

Aww thanks! I've been mostly on SB since I've grown pretty close with those ladies, but am also starting to venture over to H&F on TN now that I'm training for a race (Disney Princess Half Marathon on 2/26).
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:22dc7538-0670-403f-956c-61509eed6d04">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New:) : Tell me about it, dude. I had to reschedule our wedding not once, not twice, but three friggin' times due to both of our deployment schedules (thank you, BP Oil Spill, for one of those). The third time, it only took me 6 days to push everything back. Thank God for military clauses in our vendor contracts, but I still went through 4 different photographers, and lost a $500 deposit on one of them. Been married 7 months and still no honeymoon, either. I've seen my H maybe 3 out of those 7 months, if that. But, I've accepted it. <strong>We can HM in our backyard if we have to. Our fences are high enough.</strong>
    Made reading this whole thread worth it. Hi-fucking-larious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:21598e1d-4b6f-480f-9cbf-6e794e4bc419">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New:) : Aww thanks! I've been mostly on SB since I've grown pretty close with those ladies, but am also starting to venture over to H&F on TN now that I'm training for a race (Disney Princess Half Marathon on 2/26).

Aw, yay!  I ran that last year!  Hike and I discussed trying to run it this year, but I'm broke and haven't trained, so that's probably a no.  But next year for SURE! 

It's a fantastic race, if you haven't done it, you'll love it.  The one part that stinks is how early you need to get up!  A lot of girls suggested bringing trash bags that you can wear to keep warm, or clothes you don't mind tossing to the side of the race as you go when it warms up.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:21598e1d-4b6f-480f-9cbf-6e794e4bc419">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New:) : Aww thanks! I've been mostly on SB since I've grown pretty close with those ladies, but am also starting to venture over to H&F on TN now that I'm training for a race (Disney Princess Half Marathon on 2/26).

Oh awesome! Props to you. I run a couple blocks and I need an inhaler haha!
  • You ladies are my favorite! Cab I just about fell out of my chair at work with that picture. LOL.

Did the OP DD all her posts? I just see quotes but no posts
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:5f8c1891-aa8e-4afc-8000-f30325bca32e">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New:) : Aw, yay!  I ran that last year!  Hike and I discussed trying to run it this year, but I'm broke and haven't trained, so that's probably a no.  But next year for SURE!  It's a fantastic race, if you haven't done it, you'll love it.  The one part that stinks is how early you need to get up!  A lot of girls suggested bringing trash bags that you can wear to keep warm, or clothes you don't mind tossing to the side of the race as you go when it warms up.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I might get some toss-away clothes from Goodwill, like a long sleeve shirt or something. I have almost my whole outfit to run as Belle (tank, tutu, running skirt, arm warmers, and socks, all in Belle colors), so now it's a matter of waiting for race day. Got an 8-miler for training on Sunday, eek!
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:e4c35573-69a0-4684-be9b-3dc6b3a72e5e">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New:) : Yeah, I think I might get some toss-away clothes from Goodwill, like a long sleeve shirt or something. I have almost my whole outfit to run as Belle (tank, tutu, running skirt, arm warmers, and socks, all in Belle colors), so now it's a matter of waiting for race day. Got an 8-miler for training on Sunday, eek!

Good luck!  I loved/hated the long runs.  After the 8-miler, and for the 9, 10, 11, and 12 ones, I took ice bathes.  It was REALLY cold, but it helped with my recovery a lot!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:21598e1d-4b6f-480f-9cbf-6e794e4bc419">Re: New:)</a>:

I ran last year and I am running again this year.  My time will be really slow this year which annoys me since I am have a small procedure done on Friday but I cannot do any working out or training for at least two weeks.  Oh well as long as I don't get picked up on the bus right!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:2084ca5d-5834-4b3c-9b18-2e253b7ae0f8">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]You ladies are my favorite! Cab I just about fell out of my chair at work with that picture. LOL.  Did the OP DD all her posts? I just see quotes but no posts
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

Yes she DD
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:146ac433-ac57-4d69-87b5-c192a3e1703b">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New:) : I ran last year and I am running again this year.  My time will be really slow this year which annoys me since I am have a small procedure done on Friday but I cannot do any working out or training for at least two weeks.  Oh well as long as I don't get picked up on the bus right!!!
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]

Awesome! This is my first time, so I don't really know what to expect. I think I'm going to shoot for a 10min/mile pace, which will most likely wind up being 11mins/mile with all the character spots and it just being so packed with people. I was watching a video of last year's race, and it seemed like it was just so crammed that it made running difficult. But they could have just been filming a certain corral or whatever.

I'm going to arrive the Thursday night before, hit up Magic Kingdom w/my friends on Friday, pick up our race packets and then hit Epcot on Saturday (so we can eat some good food pre-race), then the race is Sunday, and I'll head home Monday. I'm so stoked!

And lastly, I'm not really surprised about the DD. Seems par for the course with newer posters who get flamed for asshattery.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:4b399de6-88d7-4555-8dce-4f027e88279d">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New:) : Awesome! This is my first time, so I don't really know what to expect. I think I'm going to shoot for a 10min/mile pace, which will most likely wind up being 11mins/mile with all the character spots and it just being so packed with people. I was watching a video of last year's race, and it seemed like it was just so crammed that it made running difficult. But they could have just been filming a certain corral or whatever. I'm going to arrive the Thursday night before, hit up Magic Kingdom w/my friends on Friday, pick up our race packets and then hit Epcot on Saturday (so we can eat some good food pre-race), then the race is Sunday, and I'll head home Monday. I'm so stoked! And lastly, I'm not really surprised about the DD. Seems par for the course with newer posters who get flamed for asshattery.

At 11 mins/mile, you should be ahead of the bulk of the crowd running at a 14-16 mins/mile pace.  I ran it last year in 15 mins/mile and was right in the middle of everyone - it was fine for the first half, and then it got backed up around Magic Kingdom (and I stopped for a few minutes for photo ops, so that slowed me down) and was crowded on the road back.

Bring a visor or sunglasses for that road back - with the sun coming up in your eyes, it's brutal!  It was my least favorite part of the race!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:357887de-b47b-4c0f-bec1-397fab584785Post:3f994db7-31e2-4f7e-ab24-6b3cf06e4181">Re: New:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Perfect! This post totally needed a DD!
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

LMAO @ the picture
    Photobucket
  • CAB- lol at the picture! I'm saving that!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards