June 2012 Weddings

Just want to be married and on our honeymoon at this point!!

I'm sure we're all feeling this at this point. As much as the day is all about marrying my FI, I am just SO excited to finally take a giant vacation with him at the end of this!!!

I know it's been talked about before, but let's discuss it again because it's getting so close.

Where are you going on your honeymoon?

For how long?

Are you going directly after the wedding or postponing it?

What part(s) of your honeymoon are you most excited for?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just want to be married and on our honeymoon at this point!!

• I totally hear ya! I told Fi last night that I'm excited to marry him but I just want to be married and go on the HM.

We are going to Turkey and Greece. We do have a 24 hour layover in Amsterdam.

For how long?
    2 weeks

We leave the Monday after the wedding.

Really all of it. But we are taking a hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia. We also signed up for a cooking lesson (we both love Turkish food). We are also going to a natural hot spring too.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • edited May 2012
    My answers:

We're renting a chalet about 40 minutes outside of Quebec City

For how long?

We'll be gone for a total of 7 nights.

We're leaving for our roadtrip right after the reception, which is over mid-afternoon.

A nice long drive with FI (we love roadtrips), SLEEPING IN (kids don't know the importance of weekend sleep-ins), and actually seeing the chalet in person - the online pictures are gorgeous. I'm also looking forward to hot tubbing at the chalet! We've been to Quebec City a few times before, but I'm excited to do some of the more touristy stuff - taking in museums, waterfalls, walking the largest walled city in North America.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_just-want-to-be-married-and-on-our-honeymoon-at-this-point?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ee32380c-abe4-4d62-80c2-d5af1e680885Post:2089dc6d-35a7-49bd-a067-c94127e4f1fa">Re: Just want to be married and on our honeymoon at this point!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] We are also going to a natural hot spring too.
    Posted by HarperBargo[/QUOTE]

This sounds divine. Something I've always wanted to do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh my gosh, I second your sentiments exactly!! I've had a blast (mostly) wedding planning but I'm ready for it to BE HERE already and let me start relaxing and having some fun!!

Where are you going on your honeymoon? We are going to Sandals Ochos Rios in Jamaica!!

For how long? We are going for eight days.

Are you going directly after the wedding or postponing it? Our reception ends at midnight and our flight is at 5 am!!!

What part(s) of your honeymoon are you most excited for? I'm realllllllly excited to be flying first class. My FI travels overseas all the time for work so we used his miles. He flies first class often and isn't phased but I have NEVER flown first class and I am super jazzed about it! Also, we splurged on a "Butler" category room so we have someone at our beck and call all honeymoon lol. And we're going ziplining...should I just say I'm most excited for EVERYTHING?! :-D
    image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**
  • Where are you going on your honeymoon?
    1 night in CT somewhere, then to Pocanos Resort.

For how long?
    4 nights, 5 days

Not exactly. Wedding is on a Friday. Hanging around on Sat, Sun is Father's Day and FI wants to be with the kids. Leaving Sun evening.

Being without kids for a week! I really need a vacation and so doesn't FI.
        Also that we have a pool, sauna, and hot tub right in our suite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
    Dominican Republic
    For how long?
    9 days :)

Our wedding is on Saturday and our flight leaves at 11:30pm on Sunday.

I am excited for all of it! Mostly just to sit on the beach with my husband and relax. Check out from the world, drink fruity drinks, and look at the beach!
  • kiki1978kiki1978 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    London, England

For how long?
    8 days

We're leaving 2 days after the wedding.

Going on my dream vacation with my dream honey! Tower of London, flying first class, Haunted London tour.
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker

• Harper, your honeymoon sounds amazing!  

Where?: Costa Rica

For how long?: 6 short days

When?: We're getting married on the 23, but we are waiting until the first week of July to go.

What parts are you most excited for?:  Being stress-free for a week with my new husband.  I'm also pretty pumped to hike up a volcano, zip-line in the rainforest, and lay on the beach.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_just-want-to-be-married-and-on-our-honeymoon-at-this-point?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ee32380c-abe4-4d62-80c2-d5af1e680885Post:4089bb09-3c1b-44be-a144-299c9eae51a1">Re: Just want to be married and on our honeymoon at this point!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where are you going on your honeymoon? London, England For how long? 8 days Are you going directly after the wedding or postponing it? We're leaving 2 days after the wedding. What part(s) of your honeymoon are you most excited for? Going on my dream vacation with my dream honey! Tower of London, flying first class, <strong>Haunted London tour</strong>.
    Posted by kiki1978[/QUOTE]

I love London! I lived there for 3.5 months in college. Are you doing the Jack the Ripper tour? It is really creepy.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
    Puerto Rico

For how long?

7 days

We're waiting about 10 days to go on the honeymoon.  We're both teachers so we have the whole summer off, and since there's no huge rush to go we thought it would be nice to have a bit of down time before heading out.

I'm excited for the food, culture, beach and being able to relax with my new HUSBAND for a whole, uninterrupted week! :)
    Door County, WI

For how long?
    8 days

We're driving up after mass and brunch the day after the wedding.

Just relaxing with my new husband. (I can't wait to be able to call him that!)  Also, lots of hiking and antiquing.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Sandals in Montego Bay Jamaica

For how long?
    6 days

Our flight leaves the morning after!!

Mostly the bedroom time! ;)  But the relaxing at the resort and enjoying time with my new husband.
    Jamaica - Secrets Wild Orchid

For how long?
    2 weeks!

Married the 23rd we won't get home probably earliest 3am - so decided to leave Monday the 25th

No wedding planning! Ha! Just relaxing with Hubby, no work demands, no cooking / cleaning... my MOM who is FSIL is getting married in December, her wedding took a back seat so we will be going crazy organizing, getting her dress, BM dresses for her Mexico wedding when we get back.. so a much needed break from wedding stuff for 2 weeks!
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_just-want-to-be-married-and-on-our-honeymoon-at-this-point?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ee32380c-abe4-4d62-80c2-d5af1e680885Post:9e7e598b-855a-49fe-a58f-17dc4210856b">Just want to be married and on our honeymoon at this point!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure we're all feeling this at this point. As much as the day is all about marrying my FI, I am just SO excited to finally take a giant vacation with him at the end of this!!! I know it's been talked about before, but let's discuss it again because it's getting so close. Where are you going on your honeymoon? For how long? Are you going directly after the wedding or postponing it? What part(s) of your honeymoon are you most excited for?
    Posted by rasp.berry[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Love this because I'm definitely feeling the stress/anxiety (but in a good way!)</div><div>
    </div><div>We are going to Palm Springs, California for the honeymoon.  We're leaving the Friday after the wedding, so 6 days after.  We're going for 8 days/7 nights.  I'm most excited for just getting out of Florida, away from everyone to spend time as just the two of us.  It will be so nice doing whatever we want, whenever we want (we're not really scheduling anything while we're there).  Cannot WAIT:)

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    Going to St. Thomas!

5 nights/6 days

Wedding ends around 6pm Sunday the 24th and we leave at 10 am the 25th!

EVERYTHING, but mostly FI are waiting so this might be TMI but looking forward to SEX!!! Also just being on vacation with my husband. Where we are staying is like a condo and has a kitchen so we get to cook together and just hang out. Also looking forward to seeing the oldest synagogue in north america (supposedly) and going to service there!
    Jamaica - Sandal Negril

For how long?
    1 week

We leave the Tuesday after the wedding...so some relaxing with family and then just the two of us.

A much needed break for both of us from wedding planning, work, and everything else.  I can't wait to just relax on a beach with the hubby and not have to worry about anything! 

Anniversary
  • AMEN!!!

I'm glad you asked this question again..I love talking about our HM!!

For how long?
    9 Days

Directly (We fly out the Sunday after the wedding)

Not to be completely cliche but chilling with my man. And after that the ocean and the beach!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wedding is June 30th.

We'll drive to Chicago on July 4th, see some fireworks, go to bed early, and wake up for our 6am flight to Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaicaa.  We're at the resort the 5th-12th.  Fly back into Chicago around 11 at night on the 12th, staying overnight again in Chicago, and then leisurely heading back home sometime on the 13th.
    Dominican Republic

For how long?
    11 days!

We're leaving the monday morning after the wedding.

Being on the beach and relaxing with my hubby. Also the all-inclusive drinks and food. And we're going scuba diving which i havent done in two years and am very excited to try again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Anna Maria Island, FL and Sarasota, FL

For how long?
    1 week

The day after, though we were originally postpoining it.

Being away from home

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are going to the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas for 4 nights. We will depart the day after the wedding from our venue and head over to the mountains. It will be a seven hour drive so we will probably make pit stops to eat and stretch. We are thinking of bring our dog with us on our honeymoon.

Amsterdam, Brussels/Bruges, Paris, and London.

For how long?

10 days.

We leave the day after the wedding, flight leaves at 3:30pm!

Amsterdam's Red Light District!!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_just-want-to-be-married-and-on-our-honeymoon-at-this-point?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ee32380c-abe4-4d62-80c2-d5af1e680885Post:1e58174f-f065-4fef-ad21-8eab3f01a39c">Re: Just want to be married and on our honeymoon at this point!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where are you going on your honeymoon? Puerto Rico For how long? 7 days Are you going directly after the wedding or postponing it? We're waiting about 10 days to go on the honeymoon.  We're both teachers so we have the whole summer off, and since there's no huge rush to go we thought it would be nice to have a bit of down time before heading out. What part(s) of your honeymoon are you most excited for? I'm excited for the food, culture, beach and being able to relax with my new HUSBAND for a whole, uninterrupted week! :)
    Posted by ECOlson[/QUOTE]

FI and I went to Puerto Rico last November. We had a blast, it is soooo beautiful there. We went to the El Yunque national rain forest and toured Old San Juan. It was so much fun. if you go to the rainforest, hike down to the waterfall, you can get in at the bottom, it is awesome!
  • Where are you going for honeymoon?
    -taking a mini moon to Telluride and Ouray CO (3 hr from where we live)
    then taking a longer honeymoon in either FL or CA later in the year

We are leaving the next morning after the wedding

Looking forward to being married and relaxing after so much wedding planning.

• edited May 2012
    We are going on a cruise to Mexico and also to California.

For how long?
    Our cruise is 5 days and we will be in California for about 4 days.

We are leaving the day after our wedding.

We have never been on a cruise before so we are really excited about it. Also looking forward to the yummy food and of course just the time alone.
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I feel the same way. The wedding is starting to stress me out so much that the thing I'm most looking forward to is the HM!

Puerto Rico

For how long?
    7 days

Directly after (well, one day after)

Being able to just relax and not have to worry about anything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Fun! :) I was in need of a distraction too! 

We're spending 4 nights at The Cloisters in Sea Island, Ga. We'll also spend a night in Savannah on the way down and in Charleston in the way back.

For how long?
    Total, we'll be gone for 7 days, 6 nights.

Yep! We'll leave on Sunday morning after we get up and moving. That's the nice thing about driving, we can leave on our own schedule!

Probably just getting to spend some quality alone time with FI. We've never been on a vacation together - the longest trip we've taken together was 3 days. I really can't wait! It'll also be nice and much needed time off work.
  • I cannot concentrate at work now that I'm a month out!  

We're going on a 10 day Mediterranean Cruise on the Windstar (200 person sailboat) to Italy, South of France, Monaco and Spain.  Then staying a night in Barcelona, flying out to Prague the next day for four days.

For how long?
    Two weeks

We get married on Friday and leave on Sunday night.

Seeing the most beautiful cities in the world, drinking amazing wine, spending two whole weeks with FI, laying by the beach.  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_just-want-to-be-married-and-on-our-honeymoon-at-this-point?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ee32380c-abe4-4d62-80c2-d5af1e680885Post:7b39c5b7-74a7-4feb-919d-fe4c093bbdf6">Re: Just want to be married and on our honeymoon at this point!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cannot concentrate at work now that I'm a month out!   Where are you going on your honeymoon? We're going on a 10 day Mediterranean Cruise on the Windstar (200 person sailboat) to Italy, South of France, Monaco and Spain.  Then staying a night in Barcelona, <strong>flying out to Prague the next day for four days</strong>. For how long? Two weeks Are you going directly after the wedding or postponing it? We get married on Friday and leave on Sunday night. What part(s) of your honeymoon are you most excited for? Seeing the most beautiful cities in the world, drinking amazing wine, spending two whole weeks with FI, laying by the beach.  
    Posted by HilareyL[/QUOTE]

<div>i LOVE Prague, spent one day there on a layover one time and fell in love. I can't wait to go back!!</div>
  • I couldn't agree more! I'm tired of the stress and the planning, I want to be driving away into the sunset already!! Tongue Out

We're going on a road trip through Oregon, Washington and California. We'll end up in Tahoe at the end for 4 days. Very excited, taking 2 weeks off from work!

For how long?
    From June 10 - June 24

Directly after! 

Relaxing at Lake Tahoe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards